Nassau, Bahamas?

DrmnOfMaui

We are new to cruising, and I'm trying to find a cruise that spends a whole day in Nassau, Bahamas. We were at Atlantis last year and we'd love to return for a day so we are really looking for a cruise that stops in Nassau for a day. Is there an easy way to search for multiple cruise lines that have this one destination? I've not been having much luck, and it's been difficult to search each cruise to look for the port. Just wondering if there is some sort of "port finder"??!! Thanks!

Kim

We are new to cruising, and I'm trying to find a cruise that spends a whole day in Nassau, Bahamas. We were at Atlantis last year and we'd love to return for a day so we are really looking for a cruise that stops in Nassau for a day. Is there an easy way to search for multiple cruise lines that have this one destination? I've not been having much luck, and it's been difficult to search each cruise to look for the port. Just wondering if there is some sort of "port finder"??!! Thanks!

Kim

Carnival has a 3 day to Nassau out of Miami - arrives around 9 or so in the AM and leaves the next am. Took this cruise 12/5 and we arrived around 9:30 AM on Sat and left Sunday morning.

Both RCCL and Carnival offer 3 and 4 night cruises out of Miami and Port Canaveral that spend the full day in Nassau. For example, RCCL's Monarch of the Seas 3 night out of Port Canaveral spends over 12 hours in Nassau. The 4 night spends even more time arriving at 7am and not leaving until midnight.

We have done the 3 night and 4 night on Royal Caribbean to the Bahamas. The 4 night Majesty was awesome. Much better than the 3 night. Everyone (crew & passengers) were much more relaxed. 3 night felt rushed... esp if you had to fly to the port... We were on Majesty this past July. It was great! :D

We are going on the Carnival Destiny out of Miami Feb 9-14 with a 7am to 5pm stop in Nassau. We stayed at the Atlantis in '06 and LOVED it too. Carnival charges an insane amount to visit the Atlantis for the day but good old cruise critic helped me find a much more affordable option through the Comfort Suites Nassau...let me know if you are interested!

For me, part of the excitement of a trip is the planning and getting the best deal...some might think I am being cheap!!:)

For me, part of the excitement of a trip is the planning and getting the best deal...some might think I am being cheap!!:)

I totally agree! I love the planning part (once I get started...). Getting the good deal makes it just that much better! I was all about the deal this holiday season and got some awesome deals for gifts. That was almost as fun as giving them!

We would love to go back to Atlantis, so I'm hoping I can find something that works Nassau in for us. I'm finding it difficult to find just the perfect cruise, but I'm being fairly picky about ports and less sea days as well. We are more interested in the ports than sea days, so I'm looking for lots of port visits.

Thanks again!!!:D

Kim

We are leaving Sunday for the Fascination out of Jacksonville, we will be in Nassau from noon until 10 pm, so you would also be able to spend some evening time there too. It is a 5 day, also going to Key West.

Archived