Priceline/hotel/parking for duration of cruise?

If I get a hotel in Cocoa Beach thru priceline...willl they still let me park my vehicle at the hotel for the duration of the cruise? Or will there be extra charge from hotel? I ask this because we have one booked at Days Inn and had to pay 'rack' rate to get the parking included....

If there is a parking charge at the hotel, your Priceline bid will most likely not cover this fee. Also...if there are any resort fees...they are also not included in your Priceline winning bid price.

I'm assuming since you are staying in Cocoa Beach, you are leaving out of Port Canaveral. These are there prices:

Parking Fees

$15/night for vehicles up to 20 feet in length

$26/night for vehicles over 20 feet

The total fee for the time the vehicle will be parked is due on entry. We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard and Traveler’s Checks issued in U.S. dollars.

That's like asking what stocks are good to buy!:D

First of all you have no clue what hotel you will get with priceline, for someone to say the parking will be included!

Next, I highly doubt the hotel will include parking for the duration of your cruise for FREE , especially on a reduced rate!

For the amount of money you will be saving through priceline for the Hotel, I am sure the cost for including a price for parking will still be cheaper than the rack rate for your stay!

Good Luck!

If there is a parking charge at the hotel, your Priceline bid will most likely not cover this fee. Also...if there are any resort fees...they are also not included in your Priceline winning bid price.

I'm assuming since you are staying in Cocoa Beach, you are leaving out of Port Canaveral. These are there prices:

Parking Fees

$15/night for vehicles up to 20 feet in length

$26/night for vehicles over 20 feet

The total fee for the time the vehicle will be parked is due on entry. We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard and Traveler’s Checks issued in U.S. dollars.

Yes Port Canaveral....is it pretty easy to part at the port? Is there enough spaces not to have to worry about not getting parking there?

Yes Port Canaveral....is it pretty easy to part at the port? Is there enough spaces not to have to worry about not getting parking there?

We cruised out of Port Canaveral in April. What I can say is it was really easy to get on/off the highway. My DH and I always get to the ports really early between 10:30-11:00...I remember when we got there the parking garage was large with at least 3 stories...and at the early hour we were there at it was almost empty. Most passengers who had disembarked were already gone. It isn't a very large port when in comparison to Port Everglades or Miami. The traffic isn't crazy like other ports that have airports nearby. I think there were only 3 ships in port the day we embarked. I don't think you would have trouble with parking. My best advice to you...is to contact the port with any concerns you have.

What time do you plan on arriving at the port? If it is early/late morning, I wouldn't be concerned one bit about finding parking in the garage.

I think most people get either the Radisson or the Country Inn and Suites to get the free parking. Radisson usually has a hot rate which includes parking. The advantage of these two hotels is they give you the free cruise parking NO MATTER WHICH ROOM YOU BOOK. You can usually book for the hot rate of $99 for Radisson. Country Inn had a $89 rate which I waited too long to book, it dissapeared. Country Inn includes breakfast for the price. Radisson doesnt include breakfast (unless you are paying the $40 extra for the cruise special, which only includes breakfast, nothing else you dont get with a regular room).

The Days Inn you mentioned, had a cruise special also for $99 but it doesnt include the shuttle which Radisson includes free. The advantage of the Days Inn is it is right across from the public beach, near the pier.

Yes, its a very easy port to negotiate.

The Days Inn you mentioned, had a cruise special also for $99 but it doesnt include the shuttle which Radisson includes free. The advantage of the Days Inn is it is right across from the public beach, near the pier.

Yes, its a very easy port to negotiate.

I got the days inn for 79 a night and they said it included parking...the shuttle is the cocoa beach shuttle for 4 bucks a person I believe. Is this the shuttle you are talking about thru Radison or is their own? I suppose I will just stay with what I have. I thought maybe someone had experience with priceline and the parking deal for some of the hotels...not a big deal - was just curious. Thanks!

Actually the correct answer is maybe. It likely depends on who checks you into the hotel. Most of the hotels that offer the free parking do nothing more than give you a piece of paper to put on top of your dash in the windshield. While they offer park-n-stay packages that cost more than just the room, that doesn't always mean the clerk pays attention or even cares for that matter. While I haven't tried through Priceline, I have stayed free on points and then just asked about parking while checking in. Each time I have received that coveted piece of paper for my windshield with no questions asked. You might try just asking at check-in if you can park your car there while on a cruise. Worst case they say no and you drive to the pier and park there.

Port Canaveral has to be one of the easiest ports to deal with....parking is a snap...have no idea why you wouldn't just drive yourself to the port and park for the convenience. I am sure your car will also be much safer as most all hotel parking lots are wide open and unsecured. With the economy the way it is crime is rising and car break-ins are on the increase....it's on the local news all the time.

With the economy the way it is crime is rising and car break-ins are on the increase....it's on the local news all the time.

Ain't that the truth. My son's car was broken into sitting right in my driveway 2 weeks ago. My nephew was a victim of smash and grab in a busy parking lot during daylight hours for his GPS system the same week. It seems to be a growing problem.

Archived