People to People progam in Nassau and/or Freeport

starrian

Hi! Yes, we did this a couple of years ago. My husband is an attorney and they matched us up with a police officer on his day off. He picked us up in his car at the pier and took us to see his home and family, the police station, many local neighborhoods, and the Flamingo show at the botanical gardens. We paid for his gas when we stopped to refuel and he took us to a local spot on the water for lunch and we treated him to lunch too. We didn't have to but we wanted to. And it was still cheaper than an excursion. There is no actual cost for the program and we thought it was well worth the time and a great experience. We had been to Nassau twice before and done all of the tourist things so this was definitely something different. I think you would enjoy it. Bigred

Our family participated, while on a land vacation, and enjoyed it. We were matched with a church pastor's family and attended their church on Easter and had dinner at their home afterwards. They had a son who was similar in age to one of my kids. We also treated them to a meal at our hotel. If you haven't been to Nassau before, and only have one day, my recommendation would be to rent a room at Comfort Suites. You will be given wrist bands for the Atlantis property, which is a must-see.

just did this yesterday ( new years day).

Vivian Johnson and her husband picked us up at 9 and took us around the island, then to a friends restaurant for some conch fritters and conch salad, we did a bit of shopping and then stopped by their home, which was very nice.

Unfortunatly we only had 2 and 1/2 hours because of the shortened time in port due to the speed restrictions.

wish we had more time, the program is great and we sould love to do it agian f we had more time.

Archived