Category C, Lower Promenade, Volendam

marybeach

Just curious....

Can you tell me the size, layout of the room? Is it any larger than a D or E; or the same?

Can you see in from promenade? Is it noisey (i.e., early am walkers, chairs, tenders)? We are by an exit door.

I like the location we were assigned on the ship (port, forward), but I've never had a promenade cabin.

Thanks in advance.

Have had the Cat C on Lower Prom deck a few times and like that location. Very convenient to exit your cabin for a walk to take a lounge chair for reading, relaxing, etc.

As for size and layout, the size may be just a tad smaller, but not very noticable, at least by me. The layout is basically the same as the D & E's.

Yes, you can see in from the outside, but that's what curtains are for. Some say the ports have one-way see-out only film, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Sometimes you may hear talking if a group of pax decide to park just outside your window, especially if you are a late sleeper. But that's really not an everyday event. Walkers are not usually a problem. No jogging allowed on that deck (S class ships). If you notice the deck plans, there are not as many inside cabins on lower prom as there are on Main or A decks. Lower Prom is also very convenient for walking up 1 or 2 decks for the 'activities' decks...I'd book it again anytime....

Happy cruising.....

People cannot see inside your cabin, unless they press their nose up against the window (tried it once to see if I could see inside our cabin), however, in the evening I suggest that you keep your curtains and drapes closed as you can see shadows.

The C is a little smaller by about one closet, than the C's. Last cruise we had a D and there were 5 closets whereas the C's have 4 closets.

Thanks for the info. I wondered if they might be a bit wider to compensate for the length. My suitcase just barely went under the bed last cruise...but we had a gracious amount of closet space....and I am trying to pack less this time.

Archived