Upgrade from inside to bacony for 75pp, good deal?

byhwong

Hi All,

Just got a call from Carnival. I'm sailing on the Legend in 6 days and they offer me to upgrade from room 4110 (fully obstruced ocean view) to 5138 bacony room for 75 pp (150 total). Or upgrade to 8235 premium balcony room for 100pp (200 total).

The room 4110 is already the same size as the balcony, so the only difference will be the balcony vs the window. And I'm not sure what does the premium balcony looks like, but since 8235 is below the Lido deck, I probably won't consider it. So what do you think? Is it worth another 150 for a balcony?

Thanks.

I would answer YES! I'm assuming this is a 7 day cruise. We had our first balcony cabin a year ago (gift from in-laws!). Now we are taking a 4-day spring break with our 3 kids. We do have an ocean side with window, but I'm already feeling the withdrawal of not being able to step outside from our cabin at any time! Maybe Carnival will call us with that deal!!!

Happy sailing!

Both upgrade offers are a great deal. 4110 has French Doors that open to a fully obstructed view. It is 185 sq ft in size. 5138 is a standard balcony cabin, 185 sq ft with a 40 sq ft balcony. A $75 PP charge to move to that cabin is a great price. 8235 is even better, it is much larger (230 sq ft) and has an 80 sq ft balcony, twice the size of the other one. $100 PP to move from your obtructed OV to this one is a steal.

We have been under the lido deck on this class ship before and did not have an issue with noise, other than occasional chair scraping as the crew was cleaning early in the morning. Unless you are extremely sensitive to noise it shouldn't be much of a problem. 8235 is under the Pizza station on the lido deck so there could be some foot traffic. I doubt you would hear that. I'm not sure if there would be noise related to maintaining/cleaning the pizza ovens, but if were me I would chance it for that cabin/balcony.

Just call Carnival back. The two balcony mentioned before is gone, they can only offer me 8262 which is under the pool of the Lido deck. I ask them to give me further discount sinec it's under the Lido, and they offer me 50pp (100 total) That price is just unresistable. Hopefully noise won't be a problem...

So I'll be in a balcony, yeah!! Can't wait!

THanks for all your help.

Hi All,

Just got a call from Carnival. I'm sailing on the Legend in 6 days and they offer me to upgrade from room 4110 (fully obstruced ocean view) to 5138 bacony room for 75 pp (150 total). Or upgrade to 8235 premium balcony room for 100pp (200 total).

The room 4110 is already the same size as the balcony, so the only difference will be the balcony vs the window. And I'm not sure what does the premium balcony looks like, but since 8235 is below the Lido deck, I probably won't consider it. So what do you think? Is it worth another 150 for a balcony?

Thanks.

FORGET 5138. On the Legend 8235 is a Cat. 9A, 230 sq. ft. PLUS 85 sq. ft. balcony.

Dan

Just call Carnival back. The two balcony mentioned before is gone, they can only offer me 8262 which is under the pool of the Lido deck. I ask them to give me further discount sinec it's under the Lido, and they offer me 50pp (100 total) That price is just unresistable. Hopefully noise won't be a problem...

GOOD for you!!!!! :D Nice job!

AWESOME deal!! You did great!!

onceagain,

You're right. I just need to make good use of this balcony now. Maybe enjoy a room service dinner on the balcony, the only thing I might have a little bit concern will be on Januray, that it will be a little bit chilly sitting outside?

onceagain,

You're right. I just need to make good use of this balcony now. Maybe enjoy a room service dinner on the balcony, the only thing I might have a little bit concern will be on Januray, that it will be a little bit chilly sitting outside?

January will not be the main problem with a "room service" dinner on the balcony.:(

Dan

It is a deal...a very cheap upsell...but I would look to see that area of the lido is directly above it.

:cool:

Wow very cheap upgrade...we were offered an upgrade from a family room floor to ceiling window on the spa deck to a balcony for $500 more for the 3 of us...you got a great offer..I'd jump on it!

We chose to stay in our room:D Larger room..and i won't have to worry about my son going overboard...lol

Hope you got the room you wanted!!! Great deal for you!

Archived