Aft Balcony Question

stive1

I am looking to book an aft balcony on baja deck on the Ruby and was curious if anyone can help with some details on the balconies. Are they covered or open...are there any obstructions? Are they larger than on the side of the ship? Thanks for the help.

Aft facing balconies on Baja deck are fully covered and about 2x the size of the side facing balconies on Baja deck (which are sized 9 ft wide x 5 ft deep). However, several of the aft facing Baja balconies have a column obstruction (often referred to as a 'beam' on these boards and 2 are near an A/C vent which is reportedly loud. I suggest a board search for the specific Baja deck cabins you are interested in (B751 etc.) and you will find specific details. I do know that the 2 corner cabins, B748 and B749 do not have any balcony obstructions and are not near the A/C vent. They would be my 2 top picks for an aft facing Baja deck category BB balcony.

In case the Baja cabins are booked, the 4 aft cabins on the Riveria deck are now balcony cabins. I wish we had snagged one of them when we had the chance but we still loved R739 and the convenience to the Terrace Pool, Outriggers, and Cafe Caribe.

I would suggest one of the two outer ones because the inner two are somewhat visible to people on deck and offer more privacy.

Archived