Papa Hogs - Cozumel

mariemorgan

I just got back from a NCL cruise and did a dive with Papa Hogs. They were excellent we were late getting off the boat. My sons fault not NCL's and took a cab to PH. $7 cab ride. Greg meet us downstairs. We had missed the dive boat and he tried to call it back. We got our equipment and waited about 30 minutes. The boat returned, picked us up did a 40 foot dive, came back in to drop a diver off, degased and went out for an 80 ft dive on the wall. Two great dives. We came back and had $1.50 XX beers and a great lunch. We walked back to the ship to learn more about Cozumel and found a great place down the street about a half of a mile on your left. $1 Corona and lounge chairs right on the beach. We continued our walk back and got back 2 hours before departure and shopped for an hour.

Email Margaret and reserve a spot. You will love it.

I went with PH once. Not a good excursion.

My husband dove with Papa Hog's on 12/27 and had a great experience. He said they were very professional and he really enjoyed the dive. Would dive with them again in Cozumel.

It really depends on Mikes mood the day you are there.

Looks like i'll have to cancel. Thanks to cruise critic I was informed that the itinerary has changed for my sailing to a different day and different time. Have yet to be notified by the cruise line.

I just emailed them but in previous emails they said they leave at 8:30 a.m. and now we don't get in until 9 the next day. I guess I'll have to use the cruise line excursion.. but nothing is listed anymore since they changed the itinerary.

Looks like i'll have to cancel. Thanks to cruise critic I was informed that the itinerary has changed for my sailing to a different day and different time. Have yet to be notified by the cruise line.

I just emailed them but in previous emails they said they leave at 8:30 a.m. and now we don't get in until 9 the next day. I guess I'll have to use the cruise line excursion.. but nothing is listed anymore since they changed the itinerary.

Just be sure to check with the cruise line to see if the 9am arrival is "ship's time" or "local time". If you leave out of Florida and stay on "ship's time" you'll arrive at 8am "local time" in Cozumel.

Randall

I leave out of Central time zone.. so we stay on Cozumel time the whole cruise :).

I talked to someone at the dive shop that was in canada (I guess they do some billing) and she said that they may still have a dive at 10 a.m. I hope that is the case.. she told me to see if I hear anything from them before monday if not she was going to get in touch with them.

Archived