Carnival Valor...is this TOO formal?

MamaParrotHead

I have 2 nice dresses I wore as bridesmaid dresses in weddings, and what a SHOCK to think I just might have an occasion to wear them again;) . One is a satin, strapless red, floor length. The other is a little more casual one, a 2-piece, baby blue chiffon, floor length, with sleeveless cowl neck top. Are these TOO over the top for formal night? DH will be in suit and tie.

they actually sound better than some of the things ive seen on formal nights, im sure someone was wearing a 80s style wedding dress on my first cruise. if you ask me nothing (except that) is too over the top. besids its a holiday not a fashion show, my grandma said that to me last year when it took me 2 1/2 hours to get ready!

I'll be on the Valor in a little over a month and I am bringing two beaded/sequined floor length formal gowns. I don't get the chance to dress up that much so I am going all out! My SO is wearing a tux but I know some others in our group will be more casual. But, that's fine with me. I just want to "play dress up" and have some fun! :)

Archived