Contact information

Paris182

In 2007 I took the Barcelona to Miami TA, it was my second Oceania Cruise and I booked in the only available cabin assignment that was affordable at the time - an obstructed view. As the departure time grew closer it turned out I had some extra funds and would have liked to purchase an upsell which were being offered at the time, however when I called Oceania they told me the ship was booked and none were offered. Right after that, one was offered to friends who were on the same cruise. When I boarded I also learned of several passengers who go upsells after I had asked. That said every time my travel agent or myself called we were told nothing was available. (In point of fact the agent got rather annoyed when I insisted she call) I tend to think that I was not offered one because I am single, but I do pay 200% of the fare for the privilege. I am booked on the 11/25/09 TA (Barcelona to Rio) and would like to be offered an upsell, just in case I can afford it, as I am now booked in an inside cabin. Any thoughts as to whom the best person to contact with my thoughts/concerns. Ort am I just being overly silly about this

Paris182

Your TA should contact O and tell them you want to upgrade if a cabin becomes available at a discounted rate.

O will not deal with you if you have a TA ... other cruise lines operate this way.

Too many cooks etc...;)

Its likely that there weren't any available when you and your TA asked. It seems that when something becomes available, a notice goes out and the first TA to pounce is the one that wins. On our last cruise, an upsell became available but disappeared while my TA was telling me about it.

Hi Paris. My girlfriend and I are also booked on the TA 11/25/09- we have not joined the roll call yet but it appears there are quite a few already booked. We are both looking forward to the cruise- have never sailed with Oceania and have heard good things. How was the weather during your other TA? Hope to meet you soon:D. Happy New Year!

Cathy

Looking forward to meeting especially since you appear to be a nurse, which is oddly enough what I am. I have done 2 Transatlantics. In 2006 I did Lisbon to Miami, it was 10 days with a stop in the Azores. The weather was poor, rain and some wind, leaving Lisbon and I was really seasick the first night out and into the second day. By the time we arrived at the Azores I was better. I was told that the currents and weather between the Azores and Lisbon can be iffy, the rest of the cruise was fine. 2007 I did Barcelona to Miami great weather til we hit Bermuda, where they were having a Noreaster. 30 foot seans and 70 knot winds, one day was very bad and I spent the morning in my room, but managed lunch and dinner. I wondered why the Captain didn't go further south, but we had a sick passenger that they were trying to get to a hospital. He later died on the ship as we were unable to get close enough to Bermuda to get him off. That said the cruises were great, the ships outstanding, the service beyond belief and the other passengers amazingly nice. Hence the Barcelona to Rio in 2009. I am doing it as I wanted to see Gilbralter and Brazil

Best wishes for a Happy New Year

Rex Walters

Paris182

Hi Rex- nice to meet you! Yes I am a nurse and my girlfriend is also a nurse. What is even more of a coincidence is that I live in Santa Clarita! Are you still working and if so where do you work? That would really be something if we worked at the same hospital:D. Happy New Year.

Cathy

Archived