Any recent scoop on Glory (refurb or Costa Maya)?

MamaParrotHead

I've read conflicting reports on when Glory is slated to go into drydock and also have read recently that one CC'er who wrote a review was told they were the last itin heading to Roatan, and Glory was switching back to Costa Maya.

Anyone have any recent scoop on either of those two things? Just curious.

Thanks!

My Family and I will be on the Glory in July and we are going to Costa Maya instead of Roatan. That was on our Itn when we booked (Nov). Haven't heard anything about the DryDock though. This will be our first time onthe Glory.

Hope this helps.

I was the one who reported being on the last run that included Roatan (11/29 sailing). CD Butch informed us of this, so I assume the Glory has been calling at Costa Maya.

Cannot confirm when the Glory goes into drydock, however, I saw little evidence of the ship needing much, she is in terrific shape!!

I think Glory called on Costa Maya January thru April in 2008. We sailed on Glory in May when the intinerary switched to Roatan thru the remainder of the year.

We are scheduled to sail on Glory again in March and I notice the itinerary does not change back to Roatan this year.

There were rumors of a Glory drydock schedule for 2009, but as caribsun notes, this must not be the case.

I do think I heard something about Glory moving to a different home port, though. Miami, maybe?

Yes, she's headed to Miami right before our cruise (11/29/09) and was supposed to go into drydock in the two weeks in between Pt. Canaveral and Miami. But then I thought I had heard that that was postponed. So confused, LOL :confused::p.

Thanks, everyone.

Glory is also moving from Miami to do several cruises in NYC,VA,SC in 2010. Maybe the drydocking will occur during the time she leaves or returns to Miami.

I'm quite well aware of how many days away til I sail, thanks. I'm also in charge of a group of almost 50 people, flying in from all over the country and parts of Europe, and need time to get a consensus opinion on excursion options and such. Which is why I was casually asking if anyone had any idea.

I'm quite well aware of how many days away til I sail, thanks. I'm also in charge of a group of almost 50 people, flying in from all over the country and parts of Europe, and need time to get a consensus opinion on excursion options and such. Which is why I was casually asking if anyone had any idea.

If it were me, I would prepare and research both possibilities. No telling when/if Carnival will make that decision.

Have an awesome cruise!

Yes, she's headed to Miami right before our cruise (11/29/09) and was supposed to go into drydock in the two weeks in between Pt. Canaveral and Miami. But then I thought I had heard that that was postponed. So confused, LOL :confused::p.

Thanks, everyone.

Looks like since Costa Maya reopened, all Western Caribbean cruises out of Port Canaveral on the Glory stop in Costa Maya. All Western Caribbean cruises out of Miami on the Glory stop in Roatan. Here's the itinerary from the Carnival website:

Ship: Carnival Glory

Departs: Miami, FL ,Sunday

Itinerary: Western Caribbean: Miami, FL ; Fun Day At Sea ; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ; Isla Roatan ; Belize ; Cozumel, Mexico ; Fun Day At Sea ; Miami, FL

Select Sailing Date:

2009 Dates:

Nov 29 Dec 13 Dec 27

2010 Dates:

Jan 24 Feb 7 Feb 21 Mar 7 Mar 21 Apr 4 Apr 18

The Carnival Dream will replace the Glory at Port Canaveral this year. Info follows:

Year-Round Cruising From Port Canaveral

Following its New York departures, Carnival Dream will reposition to Port Canaveral, Fla., where it will launch year-round 7 day Caribbean cruises Dec. 5, 2009. On its new Port Canaveral-based program, Carnival Dream will depart every Saturday on alternating weeklong cruises to the Eastern and Western Caribbean. Eastern Caribbean cruises will call at Nassau; St. Thomas/St. John, U.S.V.I.; and St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles; while exotic Western Caribbean voyages will visit Cozumel; Belize; Costa Maya; and Nassau. Carnival Dream will assume this route from the Carnival Glory, which will be redeployed to Miami to operate year-round 7 day Caribbean cruises beginning October 3, 2009.

I hope this helps a little. Enjoy your cruise!

Looks like since Costa Maya reopened, all Western Caribbean cruises out of Port Canaveral on the Glory stop in Costa Maya. All Western Caribbean cruises out of Miami on the Glory stop in Roatan. Here's the itinerary from the Carnival website:

Ship: Carnival Glory

Departs: Miami, FL ,Sunday

Itinerary: Western Caribbean: Miami, FL ; Fun Day At Sea ; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ; Isla Roatan ; Belize ; Cozumel, Mexico ; Fun Day At Sea ; Miami, FL

Select Sailing Date:

2009 Dates:

Nov 29 Dec 13 Dec 27

2010 Dates:

Jan 24 Feb 7 Feb 21 Mar 7 Mar 21 Apr 4 Apr 18

The Carnival Dream will replace the Glory at Port Canaveral this year. Info follows:

Year-Round Cruising From Port Canaveral

Following its New York departures, Carnival Dream will reposition to Port Canaveral, Fla., where it will launch year-round 7 day Caribbean cruises Dec. 5, 2009. On its new Port Canaveral-based program, Carnival Dream will depart every Saturday on alternating weeklong cruises to the Eastern and Western Caribbean. Eastern Caribbean cruises will call at Nassau; St. Thomas/St. John, U.S.V.I.; and St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles; while exotic Western Caribbean voyages will visit Cozumel; Belize; Costa Maya; and Nassau. Carnival Dream will assume this route from the Carnival Glory, which will be redeployed to Miami to operate year-round 7 day Caribbean cruises beginning October 3, 2009.

I hope this helps a little. Enjoy your cruise!

Where did you get this info??? I am about to book a cruise on Glory for 10/10/09-10/17/09 out of Port Canaveral.... choosing this port because we are driving from Alabama and is easier to get to than another 4-5 hours to Miami.... Website still shows Glory out of Canaveral on the 10th of Oct...

I don't think...according to the website...Glory starts cruising out of Miami until December

Looks like this info was from an older press release from summer 2008.....

Link http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_dream/default.aspx?shipCode=DR

Trust the actual dates on the Carnival booking site - The Dream actually doesn't start to sail from Port Canaveral until Dec 2009 so the Glory will have a few more trips from port Canaveral. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived