Pier or Tender??

Coolcruise02

It depends on the ship as well as the day in port. 99pct of the time you are docked in the Deep Water Harbour, and there is an easy walk to the cruise terminal. From there you can take a private taxi, tour bus etc, or walk to Pelican Village, a craft and shop area. From there you can also walk into Bridgetown, probably about a 15min walk from the cruise terminal.

The only day that you may have to tender is if there are more than 5 or 6 ships in port. They may be full days where your ship is going to be docked at the flour mill. It's a way from the main port area, but there will still be tours, taxis etc from there and a shuttle that takes you to the main cruise terminal. but this would only happen if there are more than 5 ships already berthed.

There is never a question of size. The QM2 was in port today, unfortunately I missed seeing her.

have a great cruise.

Thats really great. Trust me.. you will be docked. about 4 years ago the port started a project to dredge the port to accommodate , at that time, the largest cruise ship coming out, the Adventure of the Seas. With forward thinking they also made sure they would be able to accommodate the QM2 when she arrived as well. Barbados was proud to be on the first sailing to the Caribbean for this ship (and I had the opportunity to go onboard.. Fantastic).

I have a picture but can't seem to get it to attach to this. I'll try again later

Happy sailing.

Archived