Coeliac & cruising

devon girl

I am sailing on Arcadia in August to the Baltics, & have just been diagnosed with Coeliac disease - gluten free diet. Has anybody had any experience of how well P & O cater for coeliacs? I don't want to end up "gluttened" & be ill during my cruise!!!

Most ships I've sailed on have handled diets (I've seen gluten free & diabetic diets required) well, but I can't remember which particular ships I met these people :(

P+O themselves say

Naturally, we can provide diabetic, fat-free, vegetarian and gluten-free meals etc

In order to give us plenty of time to place the necessary orders and also to give you the best possible service, please let us know your needs and any food allergies that you may have when you make your booking or by calling our Reservations Centre no later than 12 weeks before you travel.

from http://www.pocruises.com/Help/dining-questions.axd

There have been no problems on Arcadia at all with the special diet needed, you usually get a menu the night before giving you info on what choices are available, also the restaurant manager will be aware of your requirements and be able to advice you on the choices available.

I did notice on the "chocoholics" on Aurora recently, there was a selection for gluten free and another for diabetic on a separate table away from the main selection. P&O do look after special diets very well and you should have no problems. Just make sure that P&O are informed of your requirements when you book or before you travel

Brian

The wife suffers with Coeliac disease and we have sailed with P&O for the last two years and booked for this year part due to the service that the wife received in making each meal a pleasure and not feeling excluded.Even in the Consevatory the staff went out of their way to help .You will be given a menu for the next days meals just choose and the chefs do the rest.

Just inform P&O when you can and leave the rest upto them.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

I myself was diagnosed with coeliac disease last year so was a little concerned about meals but i should not have worried my husband and myself was on oriana xmas cruise last week and the meals were fantastic.

The night before the head waiter brings you a menu for you to pick what you want the day after there was only one time when i got stuck we decided not to go in main restaurant one night but went to conservatory instead and it was an italian night so only pasta but it was my fault if i had looked at menu at lunch time i would have known that

Archived