Prepaying for reservations at Portofinos or Chops

cina54

Hi All, I found that reservations can be made on the RCL wedsite prior to cruise. However, you must prepay for the dinner. When you make them in person this does not happen, does this bother anyone? I am pretty certain of the time and days we would like to go so I guess it should be ok.

Last time we boarded and went right up to the restaurants and booked for we are always afraid they will get booked up.

Any thoughts?

We pre-booked our Chops reservation on line for our last cruise. We received an email confirmation which I printed out and took with us just to be sure there was no question that we had already paid. We also received a confirmation card in our cabin a night or two before our reserved night, which also indicated that we had already paid. (However, some people on this board have indicated that they did not receive such a card.) We took that with us to dinner but they never asked for it...I assume they already had that info at the maitre d's desk. The only thing we had to pay for was our drinks. It was very easy and smooth.

We pre-booked our Chops reservation on line for our last cruise. We received an email confirmation which I printed out and took with us just to be sure there was no question that we had already paid. We also received a confirmation card in our cabin a night or two before our reserved night, which also indicated that we had already paid. (However, some people on this board have indicated that they did not receive such a card.) We took that with us to dinner but they never asked for it...I assume they already had that info at the maitre d's desk. The only thing we had to pay for was our drinks. It was very easy and smooth.

I prepaid for both Chops and Portofinos but I brought the email confirmation with me to the restaurant's. I did not receive any confirmation cards in my cabin. On at least 2 of the 4 times I ate in these restaurant's they had computer problems and charged me the fee again!. But, as soon as I told them I had prepaid and showed them the confirmation they took it off the bill.

We paid for Portofino and Chops online prior to our last cruise on Freedom. I'd definitely do it again to get our guaranteed time of dining, although like other posters mentioned we had to have them fix the bill in both cases. We received cards in our cabin stating that we had reservations, etc, but they still billed us our fee at the time of dining. just a quick reminder, and they were happy to remove it though.

Archived