Mariner - Good Table Location for 9

lauraapp

I just read where you can request a specific table location. Does anyone know a good location on the Mariner. There are 9 of us and we prefer a round table. Is is better to be on the main level or one of the balconies looking down?

We had 348 which was a really big oval table in the far back corner on the lower level. It is near a serving station and hard to see the special songs and such. But I liked it because it was quiet and felt almost like a private dining room because of the arch of the wall and the servers station. You have a lot more room around you and no one is bumping your chair or servers trying to go around you. It's very comfortable and a bit more quiet. We just got up to watch the special "shows" which worked out better anyway.

We just had 306 on the Navigator, which I believe is similar to the Mariner. I loved our table location. We were at a round table for 8. It is a couple tables away from the Captain's table under the grand chandelier. When we first saw our dining room assignment we were dissappointed, because my younger son really wanted to be on the top dining deck so he could look down. But, we soon realized that the main dr deck...is the deck to be on. We were just in front of the grand staircase...and it definately wasn't as dramatic on the other decks.

Deck 3!

From what I've read and been told, table numbers change from sailing to sailing.

Most tables are in good locations. There are some that are too close to the service stations, or maybe a ways from a window or the balcony overhang ... but remember that not everyone can have the perfect location. I honestly prefer them to allocate the tables at random. We've had some good, some bad, but all have had great service, good food and good companionship!

I agree with you Janine. We have had a variety of tables in our three cruises. On our Alaska cruise aboard Radiance we were in front of one of the serving stations but I have no complaints. On Brilliance we were just in front of that table. I have to say though that my favorite was on Explorer. We were at a table for 8, right inside the entrance on level 4. We were directly across from the staircase. At first I thought by the door could be a problem but I never even noticed it after the first night.

A lot of people like to have a table by the window, but unless you are going in the summertime to Alaska, it will probably be dark for most of your dinner. Not really too much to see.

Whatever table you get, it is the tablemates and servers who really make the dining experience enjoyable.

Have a great cruise.

From what I've read and been told' date=' table numbers change from sailing to sailing.[/b']

Most tables are in good locations. There are some that are too close to the service stations, or maybe a ways from a window or the balcony overhang ... but remember that not everyone can have the perfect location. I honestly prefer them to allocate the tables at random. We've had some good, some bad, but all have had great service, good food and good companionship!

That is true. We have done many B2B cruises and more than once the table numbers have changed on the second week. :confused:

We had the same table for two and table number for the second week on our last B2B on the Mariner.

We could not find it upon entering the dining room. The table for two and number were moved to a different location. ;)

Archived