Sailing Holiday 1/3/09

1sttimer2009

The day is finally amoungst us! I'm finally about to sail out on my first cruise! Ok the plan is I fly out a day early tomorrow. I booked the LaQuinta Inn was that a good choice has anyone stayed there recently? At the Sam's Club rate. I booked the transfers with Carnival so I have a ride to the ship. Too scared to leave anything to chance. Is there anything I have missed? Oh, I did forget the sunscreen! We are African American but my husband is really fair skinned so a friend of mine said we would need it! Any tips I love this board and appreciate all your help!

I won it at work, I am soooo excited!! So excited I cant pack. LOL!

WOW how cool is that!!! WOOOHOO!!!:D

Can't pack??:eek: I'd say you better start throwing stuff in a bag LOL!!! I'm sure you've read this but....you will only end up wearing half of whatever you pack, when you do pack...:p But most of us do it over and over again anyways...:rolleyes:

1sttimer, you will have a great time.We have been on the Holiday 5 times and going again on Jan.17th. I promise you will not find a friendlier and more helpful crew anywhere. We have been on several different lines and many larger ships and the Holiday crew remains the best we have seen. As far as the sunscreen, I would definitely take some, the sun in Cozumel can be brutal,it won't hurt to put some on. Be prepared to become addicted to cruising,it is wonderful.Let us hear from you when you return. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE. And you can wear flip flops,just not in the dining room at night.

Hello first timer, and welcome to the HOLIDAY!

We have a thread going in the roll call section of others who will all be on the same sailing as you are. We'll try to do a meet and greet on board, so check out the thread.

My son and I did the January 5th sailing on Holiday last year, loved it so much we booked again for Jan 3rd this year, and we're bringing along about 10 friends and family members! We're driving down tomorrow from tennessee, and will spend the nite in Mobile.

It's a great vacation, on a fun ship, with super fantastic crew.

I'm online off and on today, if you have any questions let me know!

Vicki

Archived