Mark Morris - Great tour guide

MooseMilk

On our December 14, 2008 Island Princess Panama cruise my daughter and I went with Mark Morris to Dunn’s River Falls and White River rafting. It was just us, Mark and his daughter. Mark was everything we wanted in a guide. He pre-purchased our tickets for the falls, got us to the front of the line and waited while we climbed. We enjoyed the falls but could have done without the rafting. Nothing bad happened, I just didn’t think it was worth the $20 pp. After that, we stopped at a convenience store for Red Stripe – the local brew then to a shopping area where they did not allow street vendors.

Everywhere we stopped Mark told us how to politely avoid the street vendors – but I didn’t think they were that pushy. We felt safe everywhere he took us. Mark speaks perfect English and he is a polished conversationalist. He had a lot of information about the history and culture of Jamaica. We enjoyed the falls and even the flea market near the pier. Some said the vendors were too pushy but we did not find them to be any more aggressive than out other ports of call. If you go to Jamaica, consider taking a tour with Mark. His website is http://www.markstours.com/

• 1 month later...

We used Mark last February. He made sure we enjoyed his Country and we left with a warm feeling toward Jamaica. Two thumbs up. Mark is one of the top 5 guides we’ve used in our trips to the Caribbean (or Hawaii). We wouldn’t hesitate to use Mark the next time we’re at Ocho Rios. IMO you’ll feel the same way – the guy’s great.

Archived