Norwegian Pearl on Travel Channel

Coco421

i am still amazed that she thought the #1 thing about alaska was the crab fishing. :rolleyes: im sorry but the glaciers, mts, nature or something about the ship is much more important to me. i think she was still lame even the 2nd time around of seeing it.

i am still amazed that she thought the #1 thing about alaska was the crab fishing. :rolleyes: im sorry but the glaciers, mts, nature or something about the ship is much more important to me. i think she was still lame even the 2nd time around of seeing it.

Right. Wasn't the show supposed to be about NCL Pearl?? And since # 1 had nothing to do with the Pearl IMHO I thought it should have been the glaciers.

I am watching it now. She is cute but yeah, should not be a travel guide. She needs to extend her vocabulary a bit first.

So does NCL give a glass of Champagne as you board every ship or just The Pearl? What about the food sample thing they showed also as you board or maybe in a specific area?

Thanks.

Yes, champagne when you board, and tasting spoons of the restaurants specials at the entrance to each venue.

Right. Wasn't the show supposed to be about NCL Pearl?? And since # 1 had nothing to do with the Pearl IMHO I thought it should have been the glaciers.

No, the show was not about the Pearl. It was about her "great cruise on the Pearl" and the itinerary is a big part of a cruise. Maybe not for many CC'ers, but most cruisers actually pick their cruise by itinerary.

As for her choices of what she thought was great, I have to say I was amazed that all she did while in Skagway (her #9, I believe) was go out to lunch and go shopping. I would have thought for sure that she would do the train or something. But shopping is what made Skagway such a great port? Huh?

I just want to say I have been on a Disney cruise and it was awesome!! It's not just for kids. So much for adults to do it's unreal. An excellent cruise for adults as well as children.

My 2 cents I think a Disney Cruise is even better for adults as they have the adult only areas.

The adult only beach as Castaway Cay is the best private island I have been too. Now that was relaxing.:D

The only time I ever seen the food samples was when I boarded the NCL Sky.

well the only time u were on a NCL cruise when they put this into play was on the Sky....suprising u didnt see this on ur repo on the Gem though cause we had this luxury on the New Years Cruise 07 on the Gem:D

Ok.. I'm going to say this about the show.. I honestly found a lot of it to be misleading. Now I know people are going to want to know specifics, but I would have to watch it again to give them. The one that stands out in my mind was the "Jazz Brunch". I do not remember them mentioning there was a charge for that. And I wouldn't say she had "VIP" services.. she had way BEYOND VIP services.

Doug and I sat through that and just couldn't believe her "top ten choices". In fact, having just been on the Pearl two months before that aired, we sat here watching the show in amazement.

I do agree that ports should be important, but why not just say this is a cruise to show Alaskan ports, not stress this is on the NCL Pearl. What about people who want to take the Pearl for a caribbean cruise. I just honestly felt the show was lacking big time..

OH.. and while your flaming me for saying all of that.. I have another one for you.. LOL.. I love Samantha Brown.. LOL

Jan 10th 2 p.m. EST

Jan 16th 10 a.m. EST

Feb 12th 10 p.m. EST

I missed it when it aired in December so I'm glad it'll be on again real soon :)

The ship was nice. The spokesperson, Brook from Hawaii, was not a good choice. Samantha Brown she is not. Overall, not the best ship show I have seen on the travel channel.

Archived