San Pedro Budget Car Rental info?

kas141

Does anyone have any experience with Budget Rent-a-Car in San Pedro? I have seen a lot on Enterprise on here, but nothing on Budget....wondering if it's near the pier, accessibility to the ship, etc.

DH and I are doing 2 days pre-cruise in LA (Hollywood sightseeing stuff), and would like to pick up at LAX and return at San Pedro. Right now I'm just looking for the best deal so I can plan ahead.

Any suggestions/ideas are much appreciated! TIA.

From the little bit of research I've done, Budget does not have a drop off location in San Pedro. They have one at Long Beach Airport and 2 in Long Beach itself. Their prices seem to be a little higher upfront when renting from LAX and returning to Long Beach, as they bury the drop off charge in their higher rates.

Enterprise has a drop off in San Pedro by the Crown Plaza Hotel. Their prices are initially lower on the web site, but they do charge a separate drop off fee, which can only be discovered by calling their 1-800 number. I have read a couple of different drop off charges on CC varying from $25 to $40.

Perhaps someone who has recently rented from Enterprise could comment further.

They do have a long beach office. We did it last minute to drive home from our last cruise. it was pricey, but because we did a one way rental. I really enjoyed the folks there - they were really nice.

The cost of the cab was $25 with tip to get there from the San Pedro pier.

I believe the Enterprise drop off fee was $25 on our recent rental - rented from Union Station in LA (Amtrak station) and dropped off at the Crowne Plaza.

Archived