How much worse (ride) is a "higher" cabin?

me-n-kev

Looking at the Dream for spring 2010 for our 15th anniversary. Have cruised before on Fantasy class ships on the riviera deck. Looking at doing a cat 11 or 12 given the occassion.

Question is (given that my wife and one of my children) have had "issues" in the past, how much worse will the rocking be being up that high?

We haven't done ginger before, but I think we will.....

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Kevin

We were on the Lido deck in October on the Triumph. You could feel the sway of the ship each night as you lied in bed. But I love that, it lulls me to sleep. I have heard good things about Ginger though, make sure she starts it a couple of days ahead to get it into her system.

The height of the deck never bothered me.... as long as the cabin is in the center of the ship.

It is more the front of the ship that gives me the problems.

Ginger and Bonine is a great mix - I take them faithfully everymorning, from the day before the cruise thru the last day.

Catrin

Looking at the Dream for spring 2010 for our 15th anniversary. Have cruised before on Fantasy class ships on the riviera deck. Looking at doing a cat 11 or 12 given the occassion.

Question is (given that my wife and one of my children) have had "issues" in the past, how much worse will the rocking be being up that high?

We haven't done ginger before, but I think we will.....

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Kevin

Unless you hit very heavy seas, the difference is negligible. But then, of course, if the seas are rough enough, it won't matter where you're located.

First time I have ever gotten seasick was when our cabin was all the way forward on the Verandah deck (cat 11 balcony) on the Ecstasy. Once I started taking the seasick pills from the information desk and was able to keep one down long enough, I took them continuously through the end of the trip and was fine. I have learned my lesson. This time I will start taking them the day before through the last day and I probably will not have any problems at all.

If you're not sick, the motion is fun. LIke being gently rocked to sleep at night.

We stayed on the Verandah level stateroom V8278 on the Conquest in December 2004 (out of NOLA) and the rocking was very evident at night (I woke up several times, although hubby slept fine).

We have since, sailed twice this year on the Fantasy out of New Orleans. Reading these blogs, I chose the Main level stateroom M186 and M188 in Jan. (trip with the DDs) I did not notice any movement at night on this level and therefore chose cabins M193 and M191 this past December. Again, it was fine. I must note that i also chose these rooms b/c there were no rooms across the hallway, so less slamming noise.

We are planning on the Dream for our 25th anniversary on Dec 3rd, and I am finding it hard to leave the lower level. Even with all those added levels.......I like the lower ....Midship..........But that's just me!!!

The height of the deck never bothered me.... as long as the cabin is in the center of the ship.

It is more the front of the ship that gives me the problems.

Ginger and Bonine is a great mix - I take them faithfully everymorning, from the day before the cruise thru the last day.

Catrin

.....decks, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9. I've stayed forward, midship and all the ways aft. Been in calm seas, rough seas and really rough seas. Never had a problem with sea sickness yet. Never taken any sea sickness medication.

Maybe it was the Smuggler's Punch that did it. ;)

wasiii

By the way, hi Catrin. How was your new year? :confused:

try preggie pops/candy for sea sickness they taste great and really work you can usually get them in any pregnant womens clothing store. I gave them to some women on the ship that did not look so well , they thanked me later as they worked so good and no medicinal ingredients. you can even give them to kids & men.

try preggie pops/candy for sea sickness they taste great and really work you can usually get them in any pregnant womens clothing store. I gave them to some women on the ship that did not look so well , they thanked me later as they worked so good and no medicinal ingredients. you can even give them to kids & men.

No medicinal ingredients, huh? Kinda makes me curious what's in them. Ginger? Some herbal remedy? Hmmm....

My first cruise was on Main deck and I was seasick until I remembered to take my Ginger pills. Second was in a Cat 11 on Empress Deck and with the ginger, didn't feel a thing. This time we are on the Dream, Deck 6 aft. Hopefully smooth sailings prevail but I will remember the Ginger!

Archived