Beach Weddings

Hi....My fiance and I have been going back and forth on getting married at a resort or on a cruise. We just got back from a Princess cruise in November and loved it. While we totally loved the cruise, we're not sure we want to actually get married on the ship and the 'At Shore' package offered through TWE doesn't seem to offer what we want. While reading through some of the posts this morning I realized that some of you have gotten off the ship and got married without going through TWE. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THIS WAS AN OPTION! Can you give me any advice on how to do this?

P.S.

Sorry, but we still haven't decided on where yet, just know it will be an island in the carribean.

You certainly can go with a private coordinator! We did this in St. Thomas for our wedding, and we're sooo happy with our choice. The private companies can offer different options as opposed to TWE.

First you'll need to narrow it down to a port you're interested in. Then you can Google, or look on here, for different companies to check out.

We saved a lot of money by not going through TWE, and our wedding turned out PERFECT! Good luck!

I am getting married in Key West on 11/10/09. We found a great wedding planner, very inexpensive. The best part is that our family can meet us in Key West, so that everyone can be a part of our day. Another reason that we chose Key West was that it is very easy to get the marriage license (you can do it through the mail!) Let me know if you want anymore details! Good luck and congratulations on your wedding.

We got married in Barbados while on our cruise using a coordinator from the island. It was much less expensive and the service we received couldn't have been better. TWE isn't exactly noted for their responsiveness to questions and concerns. Our coordinator was willing to answer each and every little question we had in a timely and pleasant manner.

After we decided on which port, I Googled "Barbados wedding planners". I picked the three that got the best reviews (I Googled the company name) and emailed them for information. I chose the one I felt the most comfortable with. I know, how can you feel comfortable with someone through an email, right? ;) Trust me, you just know when someone is genuine about what they do and when they're just out for a buck. It will show.

Getting married on-board wasn't an option for us as we were on an innaugural sailing, and as they say everything happens for a reason. We were married on the beach in Grand Cayman. Used a private planner, that was so reasonable and everything was customized for us. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again!! Like the above posts said, just use the internet to search. We narrowed our ports down (Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho) By where could be legal and was easiest. We got off the boat, had our liscence in 30 minutes and were on our way to the beach... it's been smooth sailing ever since. Congrats and best wishes!!!

Thank-you everyone for the advice! We're definitely going to use a private planner rather than TWE. Whew...that's a load of my shoulders! I've already started to google some of them and they are definitely more reasonably priced. For those of you who went through a planner, can you tell me the name of the company you used and the island you were married on?

Thanks again everyone!

Aldwyn's Bride, welcome and congrats on the upcoming wedding. As many of the other posters stated, doing an at shore wedding not using TWE is a great thing. Many of the private island coordinators offer many packages to choose from or you can make your own. You are not rushed as you would be on the ship and you have control over colors, decorations, cake, music etc. My DH and I were married on Magens Bay this year in St Thomas. We used Paradise Bridal Consultants and could not have been happier. Angela and her mother worked very hard for months to make my day wonderful!!! Here is a link to our pics.

http://community.webshots.com/user/lisski76

I am getting married in April in St. Thomas and using Leslie from Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. We've been in the planning process for almost 2 years now and Leslie has been great all along the way. As others said, private planners are more reasonably priced and can be customized, so you can have whatever you want versus picking from what is offered by TWE. Also know that most private planners offer full refunds if (God forbid) something should happen and you miss your wedding port. I have been able to pick every last detail for my wedding, and am even shipping some things down ahead of time, such as favors and fans I made for the ceremony. It is nice to still be able to be so involved in the details even when planning a destination wedding from far away.:D

Thank-you everyone for the advice! We're definitely going to use a private planner rather than TWE. Whew...that's a load of my shoulders! I've already started to google some of them and they are definitely more reasonably priced. For those of you who went through a planner' date=' can you tell me the name of the company you used and the island you were married on?

Thanks again everyone![/quote']

We were married in Barbados using Lisa from Weddings...Beyond Your Imagination. She was great and we truly enjoyed our wedding day. Here's her website.

http://www.barbadosweddings.com/

Here's a link to our photos:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562352517cXfSPr?vhost=good-times

Getting married on-board wasn't an option for us as we were on an innaugural sailing, and as they say everything happens for a reason. We were married on the beach in Grand Cayman. Used a private planner, that was so reasonable and everything was customized for us. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again!! Like the above posts said, just use the internet to search. We narrowed our ports down (Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho) By where could be legal and was easiest. We got off the boat, had our liscence in 30 minutes and were on our way to the beach... it's been smooth sailing ever since. Congrats and best wishes!!!

Who did you use in Grand Cayman? I am guessing it could be the same person because the island is so small. We just got married in March and had a blast!!!! Great way to do it!!!! :D

We were married in St. Thomas and used Janelle from Island Bliss Weddings. She was wonderful, she dealt with all of our questions in a really timely fashion. Also, her husband Stuart was our minister and we LOVED him! I was nervous before the ceremony and he put us right at ease and had us laughing the entire time. We were really happy with how our wedding turned out.

We were married in Barbados and used A wedding For you....

The ceremony was held at the Crystal Cove resort (not sure if it is still under that name)

It was the most meaningful experience (it was just the 2 of us) and allowed us be truly focused on the marriage (vs the wedding).... Although the wedding was great too!

It was on Day 5 of a 10 day celebrity cruise... pure heaven.

Who did you use in Grand Cayman? I am guessing it could be the same person because the island is so small. We just got married in March and had a blast!!!! Great way to do it!!!! :D

We used Joy from Cayman Weddings and she was phenominal. I got to help customize our ceremony and actually write part of it. Such a lovely lady. She has a wonderful blog that is loaded with info:

www.joyofweddings.blogspot.com

A few of our pictures are posted there in the Mid November time. She calls us her Harmony couple as DH and I are both musicians.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was married in Nov 07 in St. Thomas and used Leslie of Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas (the same person esbie11 is using). Everything was PERFECT! We customized her cruise package and all of our guests (50 of them) said that it was the best wedding they had ever attended. Let me know if you have any questions.

I got married on Jan 20 on the Cayman Isl., via cruise, and I used Grand Old House to arrange a private ceremony at Smith's Cove.

I don't have any pictures, yet, of the ceremony (photographer should have them in the mail by now), but I will share once I have them.

Our whole package, including photography and a limo for an hour was less than $1200!

I got married on Jan 20 on the Cayman Isl., via cruise, and I used Grand Old House to arrange a private ceremony at Smith's Cove.

I don't have any pictures, yet, of the ceremony (photographer should have them in the mail by now), but I will share once I have them.

Our whole package, including photography and a limo for an hour was less than $1200!

Glad you had a great wedding there - ours was fab at Grand Old House too (Feb08) - highly recommend them for organisation, price, flexibility, food & setting....PERFECT !

Really looking forward to seeing your pictures !!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My husband and I just got back from our wedding in Playa Del Carmen, we stayed at a all inclusive resort, Sandos Playacar Beach Resort and Spa (www.sandoshotels.com) and everything was perfect! We worked with Maria the wedding coordinator at the resort and she was wonderful, I would highly recommend this resort to anyone thinking of a destination wedding. We had our wedding right on the beach and it was just beautiful! Now for our honeymoon we are doing a cruise in the southern caribbean, cant wait! Good luck and best wishes!

You certainly can go with a private coordinator! We did this in St. Thomas for our wedding, and we're sooo happy with our choice. The private companies can offer different options as opposed to TWE.

First you'll need to narrow it down to a port you're interested in. Then you can Google, or look on here, for different companies to check out.

We saved a lot of money by not going through TWE, and our wedding turned out PERFECT! Good luck!

Hi, we're getting married in St Thomas in December, can you tell me which company you used please and where you chose, we can't decide between 3 companies and locations

thanks

Thank-you everyone for the advice! We're definitely going to use a private planner rather than TWE. Whew...that's a load of my shoulders! I've already started to google some of them and they are definitely more reasonably priced. For those of you who went through a planner' date=' can you tell me the name of the company you used and the island you were married on?

Thanks again everyone![/quote']

Congrats Aldwyn's Bride! We renewed our vows this past Nov. on Magen's Bay in St. Thomas. We went with Janelle of Island Bliss and her husband Stewart was our officiant. Both were fab!! Cake was from VI Desserts (yummy) and photographer was Eric of Paradise Pictures. We think he did a terific job but you can judge for yourself. Link to our pics http://EjsPhotos.zenfolio.com/p863346624

Good luck!!

We're getting married on Lindquist Beach in St Thomas in May. I've been working with Michelle at Island Wedding Services and she's been fantastic. Not sure if it's just ME or this is how Michelle normally is, but it's worked great in that I love to research everything!!! Michelle is giving me suggestions on things and I am researching and booking things on my own - with some things through her.

If you like to have a little more control over things and want to research and pull things together with just a little help from a WC, Michelle is your girl.

That said, I've heard great things about Janelle too...

Good luck with your decision making! There's tons of great info in these boards.

Archived