Legend Xmas + New Year

norm2002

Now at Atlanta airport having just flown in from Ft Lauderdale and waiting for my flight to London in a couple of hours. Of course, I missed Patricia terribly but managed to speak to her a few times, including at midnight on New Year's Eve direct from the party on the ship.

I also had about six days when I had a lot of back pain. Woke up with it on December 23 and it finally went around the time of my bithday.

Despite all this, this was one of the most wonderful cruises. Let me tell you part of what I put on my comment card -

"I never give perfect scores but this time I have to make an exception. On my previous cruises, I have mostly said that the vast majority of the staff and crew were excellent but this time I can only say that I have never seen a happier and more attentive team, very much led from the top, and evident in every crew member with whom I came in contact. It may be invidious to single people out but I want to say how magnificent my stewardess, Paula, was with her attention to detail and her help during my six days of injury."

Capt Anderssen is a great captain, extremely personable and approachable. At the New Year's party, I even saw him shaking hands with many of the staff working at the party. I am not going to compare him with other captains I have sailed with as that would be unfair. They are different and all excellent in their own ways.

By the way, if you have seen the Xmas crew photo sent from the ship to the other ships and Blue Lagoon, the photo is one I took just after the crew emergency drill.

HotMan Joerg organises his team in a quiet but exceptional manner. Ross is great a Maitre D', (although I do have a photo of him almost setting fire to himself during making a flambé!)

I will see if I can post a few photos when I get home.

Norm, I'm so sorry that your back was hurting you. That can really put a damper on things!

I loved the crew on the Legend as well. I guess you were on with Boorgie, the gal sailing solo from Austria? Did you meet her? I was envious as she stayed on the Legend after the other 193 of us disembarked in Ft. Lauderdale.

Please take good care of yourself and Happy New Year!

Jane

Norm

Happy to hear what a grand time you had on the Christmas Legend holiday cruise!

We were all delighted when Capt. Elliott announced we would indeed "meet and greet" our baby Sister, the Legend, around 6 pm in the Caribbean sea! (we all thought it was rude and dangerous that the Silverseas ship darted right in front of the Legend before we met)

I waved my Texas flag for you to see......but I think it was just too dark for the Legend to see all of us on the railing waving ~~but it was alot of fun hearing Captain Anderssen and Captain Hamish exchange "horn hello's!" Most of the Pride Guests were out saying,

"Merry Christmas Legendites!"

Happy and Healthy 2009

Martita B.

Lovely! Arrived at Gatwick this morning at -4°C about 21°F, a drop of about 50° since yesterday.

It was great to see the Pride but it was too dark to identify anyone on board. I did try to look out for you, Martha. I understand our crew were a little naughty. They hung a sign over the side saying 99 as the Legend had just got a score of 99 on a Federal health inspection in St Thomas, a tad more than the Pride's score. The crew were really excited about it.

Now comes the uunpacking and mail opening. When I came in the door, I thought there would be a nice hot drink and some cookies waiting for me but none of the wonderful Veranda staff were there :(.

:(

Oh the trauma of returning to "reality" - it truly is traumatic. In all respects. Yikes.

I wait at the entry to our dining room for an elbow proferred.............my husband obliges for a few days only.

I wait for the "mess" of daily life to disappear................but it grows ever uglier.

I wait for my meals to be served...............only to realize I must cook them (not pretty).

I wait......................for the next Seabourn cruise..........for perfection..........for paradise!

Only 5 more weeks and we are aboard again for 7 weeks.

I may kiss the deck on embarkation day.

I am ready to be back in paradise.

There must be more! I was pleased to learn that Ross and Sara are engaged. How nice! Must be something between Maitre d's and Pursers <G>. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Now when are you and Patricia 'honeymooning'?

Norm

I waved my Texas flag for you to see......but I think it was just too dark for the Legend to see all of us on the railing waving

My first attempts at YouTube videos. A short video of the Pride at night - it's just a tad dark but where's the Texas flag?

Ships that pass in the night!

Later that night, the SHOW!

Seabourn Legend Xmas Showtime

Archived