Iguassu Falls and Argentina Reciprocity Fee

jershel

We are going on a cruise from Rio to Barcelona in March 2009. We are flying to Iguassu Falls, Brazil for 2 days before our cruise and will also visit the Argentine side of the Falls in a rental car. I understand that Argentina has instituted a reciprocity fee of $131 per person for US citizens, to be effective Jan. 1, 2009. If you hear of anyone being charged this fee to visit the Falls, please let me know.

I'm not sure if the reciprocity fee is collected only for airport arrival into Argentina.

We are going on a cruise from Rio to Barcelona in March 2009. We are flying to Iguassu Falls, Brazil for 2 days before our cruise and will also visit the Argentine side of the Falls in a rental car. I understand that Argentina has instituted a reciprocity fee of $131 per person for US citizens, to be effective Jan. 1, 2009. If you hear of anyone being charged this fee to visit the Falls, please let me know.

I'm not sure if the reciprocity fee is collected only for airport arrival into Argentina.

The reciprocity fee has been delayed until March 1. At this time, no details have been given as to whether or not this will only be collected for those flying into Buenos Aires, or at all border crossing. Best guess is it won't be collected for land crossings, but be prepared - this is South American bureaucracy, and subject to change at whim.

Archived