Uppers - what are they?

DZJ

I am booked on one of the European cruises for the Dream next fall - well I booked this cruise while I was on another cruise and never was I told that my room was an "2 uppers" room on the 7th deck. Can anyone explain to me what this means and does anyone have any pictures?

I'm confused and worried, and ready to call Carnival and comlain. It is just my wife and I on this cruise and I'm a little worried I was misled.

A 1A shouldn't have 2 uppers... it sounds like you are booked in a quad... since those cruises book up pretty fast, they probably just put you in a quad... you will still have two beds on the floor, and they will just keep the two uppers put up... no biggie or need to complain :)

Thanks for the help - I booked a 4E and we chose this room because of proximity, never was it mentioned that this was an uppers room.

Does anyone have a picture? I'd like to know if these uppers are going to be of any hinderance to my wife and I on our cruise.

Thanks for the help - I booked a 4E and we chose this room because of proximity, never was it mentioned that this was an uppers room.

Does anyone have a picture? I'd like to know if these uppers are going to be of any hinderance to my wife and I on our cruise.

You really have to do your research when you choose your own room... the legend on the deck plans show which ones are triples and quads...

They aren't going to be a hinderance unless you ask for them to be lowered... two people stay in these cabins all the time. You can do a search on this site and probably find pictures, or on Webshots.

Like GoinCruisin said, you should be fine as long as you dont have them lowered.

You really have to do your research when you choose your own room... the legend on the deck plans show which ones are triples and quads...

They aren't going to be a hinderance unless you ask for them to be lowered... two people stay in these cabins all the time. You can do a search on this site and probably find pictures, or on Webshots.

I spoke with the carnival reps on site on the Carnival Valor , I wish they would have said something then, but I guess it is all about getting the sale closed then anything that could make a difference in a room choice - We chose a 4E and from what we've been told and my searches; these cruises are almost all sold out.

I don't see these being much of a problem now that I understand what they are and how they work, I wish I could see a few shots of what they look like when they are "up" instead of "down"

I found a couple shots of the beds down...

2662475910097654989S600x600Q85.jpg

2336185950097654989S600x600Q85.jpg

I was just going to say you ust have a 4E inside on deck 7. I was just on the Destiny and the uppers/bunks go into the ceiling. You'll never even know they are there. They look like part of the ceiling.....

I spoke with the carnival reps on site on the Carnival Valor , I wish they would have said something then, but I guess it is all about getting the sale closed then anything that could make a difference in a room choice - We chose a 4E and from what we've been told and my searches; these cruises are almost all sold out.

I don't see these being much of a problem now that I understand what they are and how they work, I wish I could see a few shots of what they look like when they are "up" instead of "down"

I found a couple shots of the beds down...

They probably didn't say anything because it's not a big deal... if room choice is a big deal, it really is up to the consumer to do the research and know what you are booking... the legend has several different room choices... just ask what the cabin layout is and they can tell you. There probably weren't that many cabins to choose from... I really wouldn't worry about it... if you were to call to change your cabin now, even if there was a cabin available, you would probably pay much more to get it. They fold up against the wall and won't be a problem... don't let it worry you... go and have a great time :)

Here a pic of 2 uppers in 1A

2285949080102406380S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks! I didn't know you could book 4 people in a 1A... you learn something new everyday!!

OP< this may not help much, it's from a RCL ship, LOL... and our room was much smaller than a CCL room... but it gives you an idea. I don't know if the Dream's uppers will come from the ceiling or the wall, but either way, you should be fine, this is an example of them on the wall... in a tiny cabin :p2920764300048299733S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks! I didn't know you could book 4 people in a 1A... you learn something new everyday!!

I think that picture is not a 1A because you cannot book 4 into any 1A.

But yes that is how they look. OP, they probably were unaware you couldnt read a deck plan. All you have to do is go to the Carnival site and pull up the deck plans for your ship and you will see what your cabin has. Its not some mystery they purposely kept from you. I think its unfair to blame them and say its all about the sale, they probably thought they gave you what you wanted.

Archived