? about room 5186 Oosterdam

twist47

Is this room 5186 SC on the Oosterdam one to consider ? from Florida to Rome . Pros and cons . We enjoyed the perks ,laundry, Neptune and such on our last cruise with HAL .

Thank you for any replies

See if you can book the SC guarantee. We did that on the Oosterdam Mexican Riviera and ended up with a great cabin only steps from the Neptune Lounge. I prefer to be mid-ship, but on a few other ships I have been in suites in the aft corners, which is where the cabin you are speaking of is, I believe.

We just came off of the Oosterdam in aft cabin 5185. Not a suite. I would pick the aft cabin again in a heartbeat! We loved watching the wake. Elevators aren't too far. But be aware, for the time being, people from above can see into your balcony. If this would bother you, it probably isn't the right cabin for you, at least until she gets her aft lifted in a few months. I don't know when your planned cruise is.

We have not been on the Oosterdam, but have been on the Westerdam in 5187, which is the mirror image of 5186. At the time we were on the Westerdam, the balcony (whose size has not been changed with the retrofit) was not shaded. I don't know if the Oosterdam

has been retrofitted yet. At any rate, you will find that 5186 is the largest of the aft suites, having two feet more room from front to back than the others. Also, it has the largest

balcony. We went to a party in 5187 the first time we were on the Westerdam (in 7133) and there were 50 people on the balcony and it wasn't crowded.

If the Oosterdam has been retrofitted, the balcony will be shaded. If it hasn't, it will be mostly sunny. There is a long, long balcony on the side (which is covered) as well as the very large balcony on the aft.

If you haven't already booked it, GRAB IT!

Roberta

I'd grab it NOW! It's fantastic. The aft views are incredible. Large cabin with an incredible veranda. Because it is a wrap around, the side veranda is a covered area the aft section uncovered. On a windy day it may be breezy, but the location, view and massive veranda size make it a fantastic choice.

Archived