ncl gem transatlantic nov. 29,2009

movie buff

Okay, I am starting to see some sub-$400 silly prices for this cruise....

Surely others have noticed.

Thanks for the heads up. I paid more for my kids BA than the AF is right now. I am trying to get them into one of those.

I have not seen these sub $400 rates for nov 29 gem transatlantic. Where have you seen this?

I noticed that NCL site has prices cheaper than my deep-discount TA does. Must be because the cruise is so close.

Everyone here make sure to say hello on the big Roll call. Would love to meet you all at the meet and great.

I'm not sure what the rules are here about naming sites. However, I googled a couple of the majors earlier this week and an inside dipped to $399 (now $479).

Personally? I'm holding out for one of those courtyard villas for $19/night.

How are my chances?

I have not seen these sub $400 rates for nov 29 gem transatlantic. Where have you seen this?

I'm not sure what the rules are here about naming sites. However, I googled a couple of the majors earlier this week and an inside dipped to $399 (now $479).

Personally? I'm holding out for one of those courtyard villas for $19/night.

How are my chances?

Me and two other couples are actually hoping to make a deal for the GV. It has dropped from $16000 per person to about $18000 for the entire thing. It holds 6 comfortably. So if you have friends that will split the price it kinda works out. Right now between the 6 of us, we have invested about 11000. So we are really dreaming thinking that they would drop the price low enough for us to consider the upsell. But nothing beats a try but a failure. :D

Wow. Sounds great! If I go, I'll probably be in steerage, elbow to elbow with the guys shoveling coal into the boilers. However, I will have happy dreams about the lifestyle of the aristocrats upstairs!

Me and two other couples are actually hoping to make a deal for the GV. It has dropped from $16000 per person to about $18000 for the entire thing. It holds 6 comfortably.

Gary-that was really interesting about the comment the waiter made. We sailed on the Princess Grand several years ago. We always asked for a table for two at lunch. One day as we went to our table, two of the waiters said in Spanish that we were two lesbos and not in a nice way. Unfortunately for them, I am bilingual as my mother was born in Spain. I did not let that slide by. I wonder if it is a general attitude on Princess.

Linda

Linda -

Well, I don't want to give a bad impression of Princess..we've sailed with them several times and not only have we met TONS of LGBT staff, but generally speaking ALL the wait staff and buffet stewards have been EXTREMELY gay-friendly...

I guess you'll always run into "those few" who make the snarky comment, etc., it just seems at odds with the general image of the cruise lines, who appear to want to be friendly to EVERYONE with an open wallet! LOL....

Funny that they would assume you couldn't understand them....BUSTED! :)

Gary

Gary-Thanks for the additional information on Princess. We would like to sail Princess again as they have itineraries we can't get on NCL. A lot of people are surprised to learn I'm a Spaniard as there are so few of us compared to South and Central America and the islands that no one knows what we look like. It's always a hoot to listen in to other people's conversations.

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Hi rangerteam,

I"ve been following the main thread for this cruise...it's over 100 pages now! This is my second transatlantic/Med cruise, but my first time on NCL. After several Princess cruises, I'm curious to see how NCL will be different. I have one set of friends that swears by NCL and others who say they would never do it again, so I guess it really is subjective.

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Archived