Immigration in st. Thomas coming from us port

NickCDN

I am travelling on carnival triumph in a couple weeks. My question is that we are going from Miami to San juan to st. Thomas usvi and was wondering if we are going to need to go through immigration in San juan and/or st. Thomas since we left a US port and are arriving at 2 US territories and have not docked in a foreign port.

Thanks,

Nick

Sent from IPhone 3G

BUT! When leaving San Juan...flying back to Miami, before you enter the airport...you have to run your bags through USFDA. This is the ONE PART that is different. There are kiosks outside the airport. Its kind of weird...you put your bags on these conveyer belts...and they roll into this mysterious dark booth...then they come out the other side with a little sticker on each bag.

That part is different.

I don't know about San Juan, but when my husband and I went to St. Thomas on the Glory (out of Port Canaveral) last May, all the passengers had to line up with their passport and Sail & Sign card and go to the disco where US immigration checked us. They required that everybody on the ship go through this procedure before any of us could get off the ship to explore the port.

I don't know about San Juan, but when my husband and I went to St. Thomas on the Glory (out of Port Canaveral) last May, all the passengers had to line up with their passport and Sail & Sign card and go to the disco where US immigration checked us. They required that everybody on the ship go through this procedure before any of us could get off the ship to explore the port.

Was St Thomas your first port?

You went to the Bahamas first, thus going to St Thomas is "re-entering" the US after going to a foreign country. Since San Juan is US territory, they will have never left the US, so immigration is not needed on the Triumph route.

BUT! When leaving San Juan...flying back to Miami, before you enter the airport...you have to run your bags through USFDA. This is the ONE PART that is different. There are kiosks outside the airport. Its kind of weird...you put your bags on these conveyer belts...and they roll into this mysterious dark booth...then they come out the other side with a little sticker on each bag.

That part is different.

This is only when sailing/flying out of San Juan, right? If just flying out of Miami, the airport would have no idea where you had just gone...am I missing something?

You went to the Bahamas first, thus going to St Thomas is "re-entering" the US after going to a foreign country. Since San Juan is US territory, they will have never left the US, so immigration is not needed on the Triumph route.

Your right.....we DID NOT have to go through any immigration when we sailed the Triumph in December...only upon return to Miami...and then they didn't even check our passports.

Archived