Which nights are formal nights?

franu

I will be going on the Zaandam Circle Hawaii on February 5. I would really appreciate if someone was able to share with me when the first and second formal nights are.

I gather that the dress code is the same for the Pinnacle Grill. I am new to HAL and want to make sure that I am in sync.

Thanks

Fran

I will be going on the Zaandam Circle Hawaii on February 5. I would really appreciate if someone was able to share with me when the first and second formal nights are.

I gather that the dress code is the same for the Pinnacle Grill. I am new to HAL and want to make sure that I am in sync.

Dear Fran,

The Zaandam Circle Hawaii cruise is wonderful. I've done this cruise twice and am looking forward to doing it again -- hopefully -- with my mother in 2010.

There will be at least three (3) Formal Nights on this 15 day cruise. The first will be on the evening of the first full day at sea. The second will be the first day at sea after Hawaii and the third will be on the last night at sea before the day that the ship arrives in Ensenada (which is the last night of the cruise). Sometimes -- depending upon the Captain and the time of the year -- there are 4 formal nights on this cruise. When this is the case, the extra formal night is the last sea day prior to arrival in the Islands.

The Dress code is for the evening, not just for the main dining room, hence the Pinnacle Grill follows the same code as the rest of the ship. However, some people will tend to dress up a bit more for the Pinnacle Grill, hence guys will often wear a jacket and tie to dinner in the Pinnacle even on Smart Casual nights.

For photos from the Cruise Critic Group Cruise to Hawaii -- "The Voyage of the Spammed" -- back in 2006, click HERE.

Have a GREAT cruise! It's one of my very favorite itineraries.

RevNeal, Thank you so much for the timely reply. As I sat reading the many posts, I wondered whether I had made Pinnacle reservations for the formal night. This was something that I hadn't thought about when I made the plans. I like formal nights but my friends do not so I didn't want to embarrass them.

Thank you for the night's sleep now that I needn't worry.

Fran

Hi Jemima, I recognise you from the roll call. I was just wanting to know which nights they were. RevNeal has put my mind at ease. I am looking forward to this cruise as it seems like a great group.

Fran

We're on the same cruise. The cruise documents say 4 formal and 11 smart casual. Cruise documents aren't always right on that, but count on four.

As I posted in my first response, the 15 day Hawaii cruise will have either three or four Formal Nights depending upon the preference of the Captain and the time of the year. If there are four Formal Nights they will probably be the evenings of the first full day at sea heading to Hawaii, the last full day heading to Hawaii, then the first full day at sea heading back to the main land and the last full day at sea heading back to the mainland ... the day BEFORE arrival at Ensendada.

RevNeal, Thank you so much for the timely reply. As I sat reading the many posts, I wondered whether I had made Pinnacle reservations for the formal night. This was something that I hadn't thought about when I made the plans. I like formal nights but my friends do not so I didn't want to embarrass them.

Thank you for the night's sleep now that I needn't worry.

You're welcome, Fran. Happy to be of service! :D And, enjoy the Zaandam and the Hawaii cruise!

Archived