BC Hilton or another beach?

littleone9699

Hi!!! Our cruise leaves a week from Friday - woohoo!! This is our boys' first cruise, and our 2nd. Our first stop is in Nassau, and we were thinking of doing the BC Hilton. We are only in port from 8a-2p; I like the idea of BCH because we can walk to it from the port. BUT, any other suggestions of a beach we might go to that would be better? (I realize that would require taking a taxi). Just curious . . . getting super excited we're getting so close!! Thanks for your thoughts . . . !

We went to the BCH beach last February the day we stopped in Nassau, and it was well worth it. It is a beautiful little beach with sand toys for the kids, kayaks, towels, chairs, umbrellas, and all the amenities the hotel has. My daughter is 5 and she was perfectly safe running around playing. We had a great time, ate lunch there, snorkeled a little bit (didn't see a lot), then went back to the ship a little later. There was NOBODY there to bug us or pressure us to buy anything. You do have to venture past the straw market and another side street, I think the walk might be about a mile. But it is a short, nice walk where you get to see some stuff. We are going again in March and will go here again. Hope this helps a bit.

How much is it to use their facility for the day to get the beach/pool access? Is it right past Senor Frogs?

We want to find a cheap pool/beach to take our 6 yr old twins in a safe area. We are not a fan of Nassau..this is our 3rd trip and we have to find something better to do to make us get off the boat this time lol

I recently emailed them to see what the info was from the hotel. Here's their response :

We do offer a day pass at a cost of $20.00 per person. This would allow you access to the beach, pool, use of a lounge chair, and a beach towel. You may also pre book via the following website bahamascruiseexcursions dot com. If you have any further inquiries please feel free to contact us

And yes, I believe it is past Senor Frogs. Hope that helps!

Just back from BC Hilton. Had a great day. Hotel and staff very accomodating. Did not go in pool so don't know if it was heated or not. Beach area is beautiful with view of all ships in port. Very uncrowded-no kids or activities so to me this is an adult type of day. We prepurchased our $40 day passes from Island Marketing which included $30 food and beverage credit. Try the conch fritter, they are amazing! No sign of dredging in the port yet so that is good. Hope this helps. Any ?'s , feel free to ask :cool:

You booked it through Island Marketing??? Is that a website??? How was the food and liquor?? I have always been tenative to eat off the boat??? Thanks so much...

We had the conch fritters which were the best i have ever had. Also the combo platter which had fried shrimp, calamari-very good. My husband had beer and i had soda so don't know about the quality of the mixed drinks. Yes, there is a website for island marketing. Go to the bahamas section and it will explain how it works. We gave a $20 deposit up front then paid the balance of the $60 when we got to the hotel. They give u a coupon for the towel hut and a coupon for the %60 food and beverage credit. Make sure u ask for your change in US $$. We had a great time.

I've used Island Marketing for a Cozumel excursion and couldn't have been more pleased. If for some reason your cruise ship doesn't make it to port, you will get your deposit back. The BC Hilton package they have states that it's recommended for adults only, however, there's a great Paradise Island All - Inclusive option that looks great for adults and kids. Thanks for the reviews of the Hilton. We're kidless and are thinking seriously about this excursion.

I've used Island Marketing for a Cozumel excursion and couldn't have been more pleased. If for some reason your cruise ship doesn't make it to port, you will get your deposit back. The BC Hilton package they have states that it's recommended for adults only, however, there's a great Paradise Island All - Inclusive option that looks great for adults and kids. Thanks for the reviews of the Hilton. We're kidless and are thinking seriously about this excursion.

The BCH is not adults only. Kids are allowed, but is a quiet beach and pool, and active kids may get bored. (there is also no splashing of horseing around allowed in the pool).

The Island Marketing tour includes lunch in the $40, and there is no kids meal, so it wouldn't be worth it. (most day's my lunch, with a drink or two comes to under $20. )

As for the Paradise Island AI.. it's the Paradise Island Harbour Resort, and it's a dumb. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. Beach is on the harbour and strewn with debris, your towel sticks to the chaise (when you can get a towel as they are usually out). the pool is dirty, the hot tub scummy and the buffet is awful.

The only saving grace is the bar food and staff. Not enough to save this place. It's ready for the wrecking ball.

I'd

So you can walk to the BC Hilton from the ship? If so, directions please:o Thanks !!!

Just exit the pier terminal and walk on the sidewalk next to the water until you see Senior Frogs. Bear to the left past Senior Frogs and continue around the corner to the Hilton. You pass the straw market along the way....a 10 minute walk. One person said it was a mile and one person on my ship said it was a mile and a half. NOT! Enjoy:)

Just exit the pier terminal and walk on the sidewalk next to the water until you see Senior Frogs. Bear to the left past Senior Frogs and continue around the corner to the Hilton. You pass the straw market along the way....a 10 minute walk. One person said it was a mile and one person on my ship said it was a mile and a half. NOT! Enjoy:)

Thanks for the review I am really thinking of spending the day here as we have done the Atlantis thing quite a few times. We just want to relax by pool and ocean. Thinking of just doing the 20.00 per person as we do not want lunch.

Laura

Thanks for the review I am really thinking of spending the day here as we have done the Atlantis thing quite a few times. We just want to relax by pool and ocean. Thinking of just doing the 20.00 per person as we do not want lunch.

Laura

The thing about the $20 pp deal is that u have to take the chance the day of -that when u get there they will sell them. I would have liked to have done the same thing but did not want to take the chance. There were 2 other ships in port that day. From the looks of it though, we were the only ones from the ships with the exception of 2 groups of staff from 2 of the ships. Good luck.

Archived