Juneau

CathyG

What's the difference between Captain Larry of Orca Enterprises and Harve and Marv? There seems to be quite a big difference in price. We'll be in Juneau on July 12th. Thanks for any insight.

Cathy

I thought the prices were about the same but haven't looked in a long time. The difference is the size of the boats. Orca's are much larger, though is practice they seem to limit them to far below capacity.

There's about a $30 per person difference between the prices the last time I looked. To me, this is a small difference and the extra amount for Harv and Marv is well worth the knowledge that there will be no more than 6 people on the boat. I much prefer the smaller group sizes when I do excursions and am more than willing to pay extra for it.

I've gone with Capt Larry a couple of times and enjoyed the trips. Boats hold I'd guess around 50 people max but my trips have had far less on them. I think Orca tries to avoid overcrowding if possible. Haven't gone with Harv and Marv but heard good things, and a having the boat to just your group might be fun.

Archived