Seeking opinions on Air Tahiti Nui and Air France

canadagal

I've flown Air Tahiti Nui several years ago and it was a good experience. However I have read some current complaints of travel in December in coach on Air Tahiti Nui that found the experience not up to par with broken seats, inedible food, stews that were unhelpful or unfriendly and broken seat back videos. I would appreciate recent feedback on how your flights were on either of these airlines as I'm scheduled to fly in March.

Thanks,

Pat

We flew to and from Papeete on ATN in November, and it was a great experience. We were in coach, and had no problem with seat comfort. The flight attendants were friendly and provided good service. The food, while not great, was good. The seatback video system worked fine. I didn't hear anyone complaining about the flights.

Sure beats the heck out of US airlines! I would love to fly with them again, especially if it meant that I was going back to FP!

We did Air France in November and I had the best flight ever. Sure it was long but going to Tahiti why not enjoy. The service was great as my wife had to be in a wheelchare and they went out of there way to take care of us. The food was great and enjoyed the free wine. We sat in seats that were 3 from the back and were on the windows. That way it was close to the bathroom. The other four watch tv but I did not. Wached the routh we were going and where the plane was at the time and also read. From what I know they are both great lines to fly on. Just remember that you have no ramps at Tahiti and have to walk on the ground there. Enjoy your trip

photes of our trip with some of the plane pictures in it.

http://chetsthejet.smugmug.com/gallery/6786211_fQzAy

We've really enjoyed our flights on ATN and like others, which they flew more places. We found the flight attendants great to work with and had no complaints on board. I did hear some folks bash the food, but you can't please everyone and food is so much a matter of personal taste.

Frankly, I'd go for it.

Thanks everyone for your opinions. We are sticking with our Air Tahiti flight in hopes that we experience the same good as before. These days it's a crap shoot on practically all airlines as to whether or not you'll get good food, good service, a working seat and seat back video. Flying is just not what it used to be.

Pat

• 4 months later...

Archived