Seven mile beach

cruiseaholic76

We used a public access park once...nice spot. We rented a car and there was plenty of parking. Here's a blurb I copied about the spot.

One of the best access points is the public beach park, tucked north of the Westin Casuarina Hotel. With plenty of parking (other beach access areas offer parking on the shoulder of busy West Bay Road), this is one of the best options for enjoying Seven Mile Beach if you're not staying at one of the area properties.

The park includes shaded pavilions, restrooms with changing rooms, and a small playground for the kids. Squeaky clean and, like the rest of the island, devoid of any beach vendors, the park is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon.

cruisaholic that is what I would do. If you don't need a chair or an umbrella you can just drop your towel where you want and the food, drink and bathrooms are close at hand. Sounds like a perfect day to me!

Enjoy!

Yeah we live in Florida and love going to beaches that are less crowded where we can just relax. Plus I figure it will be harder to watch my son with a lot of people around. There are 5 ships in port when we are going so I know it will be crowded. Thanks so much for all your replies. We leave in 3 days and I can't wait. Now I just hope we have good weather.

Yeah we live in Florida and love going to beaches that are less crowded where we can just relax. Plus I figure it will be harder to watch my son with a lot of people around. There are 5 ships in port when we are going so I know it will be crowded. Thanks so much for all your replies. We leave in 3 days and I can't wait. Now I just hope we have good weather.

We are interested in doing the beach thing here as well soon. If you ended up going, how much was the cab ride and was it a good relaxing time for you?

Bill

Last time we went to the Caymans, my wife and asked the cab driver to take us to and uncrowded beach. We did not care about bathrooms or food or so forth. He drove us down to the cemetary. Told us to walk through it and on the other side the beach will be yours. It was, only one other couple, the reef was only 50 yards out we had a great time. The old cemetary is kinda unique too. Have Fun!

We are going to be heading there in May and I wanted to know if anyone who has been there can tell me how much chair rentals/umbrellas are. I thought I saw someone mention somewhere that it was like $21 but I was hoping for something cheaper (I remember in Freeport, Bahamas it was $5 per chair).

Archived