new to celebrity diamond on rccl

gfargo

have a question about how celebrity and rccl combine past cruises

we are diamond on rccl and have never sailed celebrity and now want to book a spring sailing on summit.do our past cruises count on celebrity or do we start over with a big zero/????

have a question about how celebrity and rccl combine past cruises

we are diamond on rccl and have never sailed celebrity and now want to book a spring sailing on summit.do our past cruises count on celebrity or do we start over with a big zero/????

Hello:

Your status "Diamond" will carry over to Celebrity's "Elite" status.

However, your 10+ credits on RCCL do not carry over, so you start with 0 with Celebrity Cruises.

Hope this helps =)

Your status "Diamond" will carry over to Celebrity's "Elite" status. However, your 10+ credits on RCCL do not carry over, so you start with 0 with Celebrity Cruises.
gfargo: Yes, as stated you will be Elite - just don't expect a whole lot [one additional cocktail party and a wine tasting pretty much sum up the somewhat useful Elite benefits (and you actually get those at 5+/Select/Platinum status)]. You do get a flower in your room and a bunch of marketing coupons [all require a purchase of something in order to receive a token gift (eg buy a $30 Specialty Restaurant meal to receive a "free" specialty coffee), absolutely nothing free].

RCCLCARIB (or anyone): I agree that I thought "you start with 0 with Celebrity Cruises". However I transferred my Elite Status to RCI and have taken only 2 cruises and my on-line C&A account lists me with "Completed Cruise Credits: 12" Clicking thru to "My Cruise History" they show 10 credits on the date that I requested my C&A Diamond transfer, plus 1 credit for each RCI cruise. This would seem to indicate that I am half way to Diamond Plus. I'd call and inquire, but not sure that such a call would be to my benefit:rolleyes: Any comments?

You will get whatever perks are available to those Celebrity cruisers who have achieved the highest membership level in Celebrity's Captain's Club. As others have mentioned, the perks pale in comparison to what Crown and Anchor members receive, but almost any perk is IMHO a good perk:)

RCCLCARIB (or anyone): I agree that I thought "you start with 0 with Celebrity Cruises". However I transferred my Elite Status to RCI and have taken only 2 cruises and my on-line C&A account lists me with "Completed Cruise Credits: 12" Clicking thru to "My Cruise History" they show 10 credits on the date that I requested my C&A Diamond transfer, plus 1 credit for each RCI cruise. This would seem to indicate that I am half way to Diamond Plus. I'd call and inquire, but not sure that such a call would be to my benefit:rolleyes: Any comments?

I think I would do exactly as you are doing. Let sleeping dogs lie and hope that Diamond Plus comes along more quickly than otherwise might be the case.:)

Archived