Dilemma

jfhandel

Hello All

My wife and I, and our little 12 month old boy, are looking at taking our second cruise, having so much enjoyed our first on P&O.

We've got a bit of a dilemma at the moment in that we're looking at a choice of 2 cruises, for pretty much the same cost:

1. A Baltic trip on Oriana, OR

2. A Med trip on Queen Victoria

The former feels like it would be more interesting from a destination perspective, but the weather would be dicier and we reckon Oriana might not be quite as good as QV.

The latter would give us pretty much guaranteed sunshine, and most likely a better ship, but we've been to half of the stops before (although they're all worth a second visit).

Anyone care to help us make our minds up!!:confused:

Cheers,

JFH

(note : also posted on the Cunard forum)

At 12 months old your holiday will revolve around baby schedules and baby travel. In the Baltic you would possibly be more involved in dressing/undressing etc as the weather changes. With an untutored eye (I wasn't looking) I suspect the Baltic is more cultural than relaxation and would suggest the Med would be better.

As you say, in the Med you have more chance of better weather and also a balcony which is scacer on Oriana. Ashore, as the weather would be good (you would stay on the ship if it wasn't) baby care is likely to be easier.

Signed Crusty Granddad who wouldn't go near nappy, loaded or not.

Archived