Where is Half Moon Cay?

Riley's Mom

So do you pay extra for water sports ect. or is it all included? Are other cruiselines there?

You do pay for things like snorkel gear, scuba, sunfish & hobie cat sailboats, horseback riding, kayaking, etc.

It originally was Holland America's private island, but when they starting pulling all of their ships out of the Caribbean in the summer, Carnival started using it. Now it's used by Carnival whenever a HAL ship isn't there.

We were they Dec of 07. We had cabana #2. When you rent the cabana's it comes with snacks, like Chips and salsa, fruit, water, soft drinks, of your choice, snorkel equipment and floats for 4 people. The cabanas are 3 sided and have a refrigerator and air conditioner and ceiling fan. They are worth the money. They also have 4 lounge chairs and a shower. If going there again we would most likely choose a cabana a little further down the beach, as we had lots of people trying to join us due to the location.

One of the most relaxing days we had. Beautiful location, it's like being on the ship but your on the beach. The bar staff provided bar service on the beach and the food is also provided by the ship.

You will love this place. I have yet to read a bad review of HMC.

It's on the Eleuthrea Island in the Bahamas

Do a Google map search on "Half Moon Cay"

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=half%20moon%20cay&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

It's marked "A"

Also check out the Satellite view

I always thought it was Princess Cay that was on Eleuthrea Island?? I am confused now:confused:;)

Its also called Little San Salvador Island

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_San_Salvador_Island

300px-Bf-map_with_Half_Moon_Cay.png

It's on the Eleuthrea Island in the Bahamas

Do a Google map search on "Half Moon Cay"

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=half%20moon%20cay&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

It's marked "A"

Also check out the Satellite view

Sorry Derf but SC is correct.

Click on this link and zoom in on the island. You can clearly see the the HMC developed area in the NW quadrant of the island.

HMC is the closest thing to Heaven I've ever seen. Someone above said it best when they said the sand was like talcum powder. We rented a cabana for the day and it was easily our favorite port. I would definitely book a cruise again just to go here, the natural feeling of it all is just amazing and so refreshing!

OK, Bonnie, if this doesn't get you to pick the Destiny I don't know what will!!:D;)

I just had to post in here that we LOVED HMC and wished we didn't have to get back on the ship. In fact, DH put on his comment card that they should spend more time there.

Here's Destiny anchored off the coast...

2975712387_e7127fb78c.jpg

I have been there 3 times and LOVE it. Can't wait to go back again in April.

The last time we were on the island they had a few island crafters selling their crafts and also someone to braid your hair. They have a whole section for kids now from what I understand. Enjoy your day and if you want to watch the fish jump just take some bread and feed them.

Archived