Need Samana help!

Havana Daydreamer

Beautiful beaches there!

We did the private tour with Casa Dorada last year to Playa Rincon. You can find them with an internet search. You have to try and get a group together though.

NCL has a all inclusive resort excursion which is not far from Playa Rincon, so the beach will be just as beautiful and there are amenities. I think that's the way we are going this year.

I hear the caves & Mangroves tour is nice.

A few years ago we did the Samana tour but it was mostly spend in the bus so I do not suggest that one.

Here is a link to our cruise pics from last year. Sorry I don't have time to pull out only the Samana pics right now. The first beach you see on the slide show is Playa Rincon in Samana.

Don't stay in town at the port. There is not much there and you will be dissapointed. If you do decide to eat in port, Cafe de la France was awesome!!!

Hope this helps,

Nicky

Nicky, Do you know if the price you pay Casa Dorado includes transportation from the ship to their resort? I read a post some place that seemed like it didn't... your pictures are breath taking!!!

Beautiful beaches there!

We did the private tour with Casa Dorada last year to Playa Rincon. You can find them with an internet search. You have to try and get a group together though.

NCL has a all inclusive resort excursion which is not far from Playa Rincon, so the beach will be just as beautiful and there are amenities. I think that's the way we are going this year.

I hear the caves & Mangroves tour is nice.

A few years ago we did the Samana tour but it was mostly spend in the bus so I do not suggest that one.

Here is a link to our cruise pics from last year. Sorry I don't have time to pull out only the Samana pics right now. The first beach you see on the slide show is Playa Rincon in Samana.

Don't stay in town at the port. There is not much there and you will be dissapointed. If you do decide to eat in port, Cafe de la France was awesome!!!

Hope this helps,

Nicky

you do know you don't go to a "resort" right? The taxi takes you to the beach of Las Galeras, their you get in a small boat to take you to Playa Rincon.

If they have many groups they have sub contract some other boat owners.

The ride was fine going over. I just made the mistake sitting in the front of the boat coming back and we were hitting the waives kind of hard and it was killing my bad back.

Our boat was what I would call a small fishing type boat with wooden benches going across. I think there were about 8 or 10 people in our boat. The boat stays there with you.

I think due to the size of our trip the whole thing only cost like $28/pp.

cruisingbooboo I have been in contact with Casadorado and this is what I was told.

$160 for the boat ride from las Galeras to Playa Ricon beach. That is the price for up to 10 ppl although they were able to take 11 ppl if we needed.

It was an addtl $100 for the taxi. That would mean if 10 ppl go it would be $26 per person. If less than 10 ppl than it would be more per person.

I won't be there until the first week of Feb so I can't tell you yet how it all worked out but I have read good things and they do seem reputable when setting it up. They will be staying at the beach with us and are somewhat flexible with our times.

Archived