Strange Solstice bathroom question

mamatrouble

We are looking to book the Equinox for 2010 and since Solstice is her sister ship..maybe someone can help. Not so much worried about the cabin size but everyone says the showers are bigger in a balcony cabin because of the round shape but we are not "normal size", he's a 4X and I'm a 1X. We usually book a small suite because of the bathroom but trying to save some money this time. I need a larger person(1X+) to give an honest answer or a really good picture of the shower to help with my decision!!

Thanks for your help.....

I can't give much help, but I'm almost completely sure that the showers are the same from an Interior to an Oceanview to a Balcony(Including ConciergeClass, AquaClass, Sunset Verandah, etc.). However, I do think that larger suites have bigger showers, and they also have bathtubs.

I'm a 2-3X and I think you will be fine in the shower. It's the toilet that will be a tight fit, sandwiched between the shower and the vanity. I think I measured it at 21" across. I made frequent use of the public restrooms.

We are looking to book the Equinox for 2010 and since Solstice is her sister ship..maybe someone can help. Not so much worried about the cabin size but everyone says the showers are bigger in a balcony cabin because of the round shape but we are not "normal size", he's a 4X and I'm a 1X. We usually book a small suite because of the bathroom but trying to save some money this time. I need a larger person(1X+) to give an honest answer or a really good picture of the shower to help with my decision!!

Thanks for your help.....

Up until the Solstice every Celebrity ship I had been on had a pretty large shower [maybe 30" x 60" that went all the way across the end of the bathroom]. One of the few cruise ship showers I've seen that could reasonably hold two people (not that I actually tried it;)), but they did have the "overly friendly" shower curtains. Solstice showers are square on the back corner but round on the room side and rather definitely one person, but do have two glass doors that slide to each side so there is no shower curtain grabbing you issue. I do have a picture of the shower, but without a person in the picture it really doesn't give much clue as to size. I am 6'3" and well over 200 pounds and it was plenty big enough for me; there are different concepts of 4X so I'll not venture a guess on the comfort for that.

I'm not small and really loved the shower. I thought it much nicer than the M-class. Showers are the small in all non-suite cabins...except, as someone said, for the shower head.

I can't say I had too much problem with the toilet, either. I know others have complained about that.

Enjoy your cruise.

Bobbie

Archived