Least expensive cruise for a family of 5

janke5

I tried searching this thread but the last post that I found was in 2005 regarding cruising with a family of 5.

I am trying to find a cruise to the caribbean for 7 nights going out of florida for this coming April. Any advice would be helpful. My kids are 7, 10 and 14.

Check prices for both a "family" room, and 2 connecting rooms. Your kids are to big to comfortably fit into 1 standard cabin! The extra bathroom you'll get with a connecting room can be a godsend, too!

A travel agent can be a huge help with making price comparisons. Using a TA shouldn't cost you a penny--and they can really help you get the most for your money. Use a "bricks and mortar" agency in your town--that way, they'll give you brochures and written info...a little extra info goes a loooong way1

in 2 weeks (kids were 11, 6, and almost 3 when we traveled last time and will be 14, 9, and almost 6 this time). We don't spend enough time in the cabin to warrant the extra expense. Bathroom crowded, someone can use spa showers. Not all ships hold 5 though. You do have to put everything in its place in the cabin and avoid bringing uneccesary things.

I do agree with checking on 5-night cruises instead of 7. We booked 5 nights for 5 for $1400, 7 nights was going to be $2500! We have added 2 nights onto our trip by visiting local attractions and staying in a hotel so we have a week vacation.

In April, prices will probably be higher since it is spring break for some.

Archived