Cozumel Sailing - Tucan Snorkeling Adventure??

springisch

Anyone know anything about Cozumel Sailing? They have a tucan sailing adventure with snorkeling to remote northern beaches. It sounds like an awesome excursion with a smaller group. A little fishing on the way to the island, lots of snorkeling (which we love), spinnaker (I think that's like parasailing), and lunch on the boat.

It looks great, but would love to hear if anyone has done this and know of any reviews??

Or is it just as nice to go to a beach and snorkel?? Never been to Cozumel so would appreciate any advice!! Thanks!

Or is it just as nice to go to a beach and snorkel?? Never been to Cozumel so would appreciate any advice!! Thanks!

Snorkeling from shore won't be as good as snorkeling from a boat, especially if you try snorkeling from a sandy beach (as opposed to a rocky shore line).

I've been out on the Tucan. It's been a few years, but it is a very nice day trip. The trimaran is a nice boat, they book 10+ people, often less, so it's not a cattle call type experience. They have lots of drinks if that's your thing. The food is good, the crew very personable. The beach they take you to explore is fairly isolated and very nice. They take you to an area of shallow rock structure a way from shore to snorkel. It's OK in my opinion, but I don't find much of the snorkeling in Cozumel to be earth shattering. I go there to dive. If the wind is favorable they will hook up a seat to the bottom clews on a spinnaker sail to let folks go for a ride.

If you are looking for something to do in Cozumel for a day, you will be hard pressed finding something better than the Tucan to do. I send all my non diver friends to them.

Enjoy

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Tucan Sail and had a great time. The snorkeling was very poor the day we went, it was right after a storm and the water was murky. They limit the trip to 16 people on a boat that can accomodate 28. The food on the boat is AWESOME, a great combination of fresh salsa and BBQ'd food. Plenty of beer and other beverages available all day long.

They do the spinnaker ride if wind conditions allow. Here's a video of how it's done.

The farther apart you can push the ropes the better the ride you can get. This allows the sail to catch more wind.

We took this excursion in 2005 and absolutely loved it. We are trying to book this while we are in Cozumel this April, but still need three more people to confirm. Hopefully they will find three more as this was the best excursion we have ever been on!

Archived