House wines on Legend

margbem

Generally you will find the wines served to be quite good. The sommelier on each ship takes great pride in stocking good wines from ports of call and in pairing the wines with the meals served.

If you have the chance to attend a wine lecture or tasting with the sommelier while on board you should do it, it is a lot of fun. DW and I have always enjoyed it.

You can purchase a premium wine package if you desire, but in truth I have never found this to be necessary.

Have fun.....

RKM

Does anyone have a list of what the house wines are on board? Maybe they are always different - as new Seabourn cruisers we don't know what to expect! Thanks for any help!

They change a lot and I do`nt think they could tell you what`s coming up on any day. Wait and see, it`s exciting.

They change a lot and I do`nt think they could tell you what`s coming up on any day. Wait and see, it`s exciting.

I agree - they're hardly ever the same, so unless you're traveling within the next month you wouldn't get an accurate list.

During Christmas, there were well over a dozen "house" wines. I like white wine and there were 4 or 5 chardonnays (Burgundy, Sonoma, Napa, CA Central Coast - there may have also been one from Australia, but I'm not certain since I didn't try it), a pinot grigio (Italy), 2 or 3 sauvignon blancs (New Zealand and Chile - don't know about the 3rd), a riesling and 2 roses. Champagne was Nicholas Feuillatte. Not sure about the exact types of red wine, but there were several.

At dinner, they offer one red and one white but you can ask for something else and the sommelier will get it for you no problem.

I've had both good wines on Seabourn and also some very basic, grocery store wines. If you just want "wine" with dinner stick with whatever they are serving as "complimentary"; if you want to be assured of an enjoyable wine try one of the premium wine cards--they are good value.

Archived