56nts away please help with packing advice

dpe

I will be doing a leg of Black Watch's world cruise Sydney to Cape Town. My problem is I will be spending 7nts pre cruise in Singapore and Sydney, 29nts cruise and lastly 17nts in Cape Town six of these nights will be spent on safari. How do I pack for formal nights, informal nights and then rugged gear for safari. I have only 20kg luggage allowance. I am seriously considering bringing my 80L backpack, will I look out of place lugging my backpack along with me on a Fred Olsen cruise, this will be my first with them please help!!!!!!:( DP.x

Don,t know where you live but have you asked FO to take your main luggage on board at "is it Dover" and also keep it on board and you pick it up on the ships return.

Other cruise lines do it so I expect FO do it as well.:)

You are too late to place luggage on board the "Black Watch" as it has already departed on its world cruise. Your best bet is to make maximum use of the excellent laundry facilities on board the ship.

Carrying a backpack is no problem at all. People board carrying all sorts of baggage. I hope you have a great cruise on my favourite Fred. Olsen ship.

In reponse to your post we could have given consideration to put some of your luggage on board in the UK early, we also offer a formal dress hire service to be delivered and collected from your cabin but as the Black Watch has set sail on her world cruise this will now not be possible. However we may be able to allow you to leave a bag on board when you leave the ship in Cape Town for you to then collect when Black Watch returns to Southampton.

Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines

Head Office, Ipswich

• 2 weeks later...

Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines

Head Office, Ipswich

Well there's a thing, stand by your beds ......hammocks lads the capn's vetured below decks!!

Hope he doesn't read any of my old posts or I'm for "the plank" in the morning.

David.

Thanks everyone for posting your replies,I have decided to bite the bullet and take the basics what I need, and use the laundry onboard. Hey I didn't know mr Olsen used this site!!!!! Guess if we've got any gripes he'll be listening!!!!

Dianexxx

Archived