Christmas Photos of Costa Maya

alansfreed

Hello! I have posted a bunch of Costa Maya shots from our Christmas cruise:

http://picasaweb.google.com/alansfreed/CostaMaya#

The shots are geocoded (I had a GPS connected to my camera) so you can see maps of exactly where each shot was taken. You can also view these in Google Earth by following the link.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the kind words. At Costa Maya, I mainly just wandered around :)

Through our church, I have taken a couple mission trips to areas hit by Hurricane Katrina in the past couple years. I found it most interesting to see how the Muhahual area was recovering from similar devastation.

I went into town twice. Once I mainly went to explore (including going off to the side streets to really see the town as locals see it), and I came back later in the day with my daughter so she could swim in the ocean a bit.

thanks for the pictures, they are really nice. What did you do in Costa Maya?

I was wondering which beach you toke your daughter to. Or do you recommend any of them after seeing the area? My family would like to have a place for the kids to play on the beach, but the adults to relax in the shade on some chairs. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

I honestly don't know where one beach area ended and the next one began... I've seen people referring to different beach names, but I don't know how to distinguish one from the other.

We rode into Muhahaul and found a long boardwalk-type of area. Instead of an actual "boardwalk," it's a long sidewalk. There were buildings on one side with shops and bars, etc., and the beach on the other side of the sidewalk with plenty of people offering massages, little bar areas with beach chairs.

At the north end of this strip is a lighthouse (visible from where the ships dock), and the sidewalk runs about a mile to the south. My suggestion would be to simply take a walk up through this area and see what looks comfortable to you. My daughter and I swam at an area where we were offered a beach chair (no fee). It seemed like there were ample opportunities to do exactly what you're looking for along that stretch.

I was wondering which beach you toke your daughter to. Or do you recommend any of them after seeing the area? My family would like to have a place for the kids to play on the beach, but the adults to relax in the shade on some chairs. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Thank you so much for the information. I have been hoping someone might give me some help on what to look for and what the lay out was. Sounds like a wonderful little village and my family looks forward to visiting.

Love your pictures. We will be in Costa Maya next week. The devistation from the Hurricane hurts to see. I have never been there but after recovering from Rita, we were hit again by Ike so I can truely sympathize with those people who live there.

I am humbly grateful that we can at least live in our house while we wait our turn for repairs to begin.

Archived