Embarkation at Jacksonville port

groo

About when will they start boarding passengers at the port in Jacksonville, Fl?

We have a cruise booked for the Fascination in March and want to know when best to arrive without being too early or late.

Tanks in advance.

Darry Howard

About when will they start boarding passengers at the port in Jacksonville, Fl?

We have a cruise booked for the Fascination in March and want to know when best to arrive without being too early or late.

Tanks in advance.

Darry Howard

December 27th, we got to the port about 11:30 and boarding began about 20 mins later. January 1st when we got back we didn't get off the ship until almost 10am. I think most days it's a guessing game.

But, whenever you board, have a wonderful cruise!

On November 1st we got there at 11:05am. After leaving our luggage with the porter we walked right into the building. There was a little line for the metal detectors but it went fast. Once got that done and were heading to get our S&S cards we noticed the line to get on the ship was already moving.

Like the other poster said... I think it depends on what happened with the debarking passengers.

There weren't many VIP's in the VIP S&S card section.... they were going right to the ship once they were done there.

On November 1st we got there at 11:05am. After leaving our luggage with the porter we walked right into the building. There was a little line for the metal detectors but it went fast. Once got that done and were heading to get our S&S cards we noticed the line to get on the ship was already moving.

Like the other poster said... I think it depends on what happened with the debarking passengers.

There weren't many VIP's in the VIP S&S card section.... they were going right to the ship once they were done there.

Great! Hope it works for us that way. We once got onboard the Majesty of the Seas (RCL) at around 8:30 am.... earliest I have ever been on. The ship stopped in Key West the day before and was cleared by customs as it was not going to another non US port before retuning to Miami. When we got back to Miami we were off the ship by 7:30 am.

On Dec 22 we showed up at 11:30 and were on the ship around noon. It was very smooth, very easy, and little wait. I felt like it went a lot smoother then in Miami in October. Getting off was also a lot easier. We didn't self assist but once our zone was called we just walked right off. Customs involved a single lady who took your card and threw it on a pile next to her. This was not at all like Miami.

If you have VIP can you get on earlier? We are in a Cat. 11 suite.

I will be getting into Jax. around 10ish from Charleston and wondered if we should just go to the pier?

You can go to the pier but you'll likely be routed to a holding area in your car if you get there too early. When we got there at 1100 they were just beginning to let people in.

Archived