Flight Time Advise

I will be sailing on the Enchantment out of Ft Lauderdale. I am considering a return flight time of 11:30.

Has anyone else flown out of Ft Lauderdale this early??? Or does anyone know (in general) how quickly the disembarkment is on the Enchantment?

Thank you!

I think you are cutting it a little close. They don't advise flights before noon because you never know if there is a ding bat on your cruise that doesn't check in with customs when they should. We've been delayed on a ship until 11 before due to this problem. Plus with needing close to an hour for security reasons at the airport you may want to rethink it. I'm sure there have been many who were successful with an early flight.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
'Til my next cruise

Hi,
This was our experience in Ft. Lauderdale. I also read on here of many others who had the same thing happen to them. This was 16 months ago. It may have improved.
I had an 11:30 am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale and was given the first off the ship white tags. We were allowed off first after the handicapped. It did not help. That airport was by far the worst I have ever flown out of. I was allowed to stand in the airport with our luggage, while my husband had to wait outside behind 150 other people. Until he got to the door, we could not go to the check in. The line moved slower than a snail. I kept telling the people that I had to make my flight in 25 minutes and could they let me check in. Finally they believed me and let us get to the baggage check in area, then on line to clear security, and finally to hotfoot it to the gate as fast as we could.
They were boarding the first class as we got there.
I have learned to book later and feel more secure with that.

[B]12/06/04[/B]
[B]THE EMPRESS OF THE SEAS.[/B] [B]**10 ISLANDS IN 11 NIGHTS**[/B]
[B]VISIT OUR ROLL CALL [url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=9663035247"] HERE [/url] [/B]

Hi,

It will be close but can be done. There have been some improvements at the airport from 16 months ago, not to say things can't go wrong. They have completed a new terminal and finished work on the roads. Improve your check in time with using the kiosks to check in. Be assertive if you need to move to the head of the line. Check with the pursers desk to get off in the 1st group, it's like they have the unannoucned 1st group and then the real 1st group. The airport is very close to the pier. Try to do as little as possible carry on it's easier to get thorugh security. Be sure to put stuff on your bags so you can find them fast. When there are hundreds of bags to look over it can take time. If you don't have to take that flight take another but if you need to don't be affaird to let you taxi driver etc know that it is important for you to get to the airport and make that flight. Don't lie but don't be affaird to say if it is so at that point which it probablly will be that all the flights are sold out and you must get home you have to be at work in the am. Just my two cents. Oh yes I did it once with no problem. I was the second person off the ship. Good luck.
Buckeye cruiser

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;10;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Voyager Of The Seas Cruise With My POHC Friends

We just returned from FLL to CT last month and we always, always take that 11 a.m.'ish flight with absolutely no problems. We ask for the color coded tags that are disembarking the ship first. The pier is so close to the airport, and we take a cab to cut down on the wait time that the "transfer" people have to endure. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

Archived