Cozumel Carnaval

cdncruzer

I just read that Carnaval will be Feb 9-16 in Cozumel this coming year. It sounds like fun! We will be in port on Feb 9/05 from 9-6pm.

What can we expect to experience? It looks like the bulk of the celebrations are in the evening. Any daytime activities/celebrations that we shouldn't miss?

I haven't seen the detailed schedule yet but there are some parades during the day. The majority of the stuff going on is located downtown in the square area...vendors, music, lots of food/beverages...etc. But most of the parades and really fun stuff is at night. It is a much "cleaner" version of New Orleans' Mardi Gras. HUGE FUN!

Forgot to add that the floats are usually parked by the municipal building close to Chedraui grocery store - Melgar and 11th/13th area.

Thanks for the info! We are planning to spend some (or most!) of day relaxing @ Paradise Beach (the great reviews and pix make this place a "Don't Miss" in our books)...maybe throw in a little shopping, so hopefully we will get a little taste of Carnaval @ the same time. I hope so!

I will keep checking the Carnaval website for updates. Keep us posted!

Archived