Fall 1996 Caribbean - Westerdam II cruise - were you on it?

HALFans

I'm trying to nail down the dates/itinerary for a cruise we took in 1996. Unfortunately, I don't remember the details to correct our Mariner records.

Here's what I recall:

We were late leaving port (not sure if it was Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Miami, etc). Shortly after we were underway, the captain sounded the Abandon Ship/Emergency whistle, and several tugs worked liked crazy to keep us from being blown by the breeze into another ship at the pier.

The oil pump had gone out on the Starboard engine.

We sat several more hours at the pier while the engine was being repaired and the Coast Guard did their incident investigation.

Some time during the night, we got underway.

Due to a hurricane/tropical storm, we missed our 1st port and stopped instead in San Juan - which was not a scheduled port for our cruise.

Does this ring any bells with anyone? I'd really like to have our records reflect the correct cruise.

The cruise overall was a very nice experience... I'm not complaining! :D

I can't help but I just had to say "Wow!" That was some kind of experience. I love your attitude!!!! I'm betting that if someone was on that cruise, they will remember it and hopefully have the details for you...you adventurer you! :D

Archived