Nativeway booked, what other company do you recommend for stingray tour?

sd63

Tried booking the stingray tour with Nativeway based on the reviews here but they were booked for the day we will be there.

What other tour companies do the stingray tour that you would recommend?

We visited Grand Cayman on 7th December. We pre-booked the wave runner trip through shoretrips. We were a family of four on two wave runners. We paid $300 each but it was worth every penny.

They guarantee only five jet ski's on any trip but we were lucky enough to be on our own with our guide - it was fantastic.

We were taken by car to the other side of the island (about ten mins) and then off we went (about five miles). There were a few other boats teaming with people so we felt like VIP's. The reef is beautiful, the colour of the sea, awsome and I cannot recommend it enough!

:)

Nativeways was booked for our day too...which is April 1st so we got with others over on the roll call boards and booked a charter that's taking us to stingray city and snorkeling. I'm not sure if you are on the same cruise or not?

We just returned from Grand Cayman and Jamaica. We toured with Moby Dick and had a great time. Kiss a ray for me! The guys at Moby Dick are top notch. We were very satisfied. You made a great choice by booking with Moby Dick. Tell them their new friends from Tallahassee said "Hello" :)

One of the guys on our cruise told me that Nativeway was booked for our day in port. I wrote them and took the less popular excursion of the stingrays with the starfish and were confirmed. I bet the one that is always booked is the one to Rum point, but we are not much for beach sitting, so this will work great.

Perhaps if you choose another excursion...

Not April, February 4th so I am not surprised it was booked. I think we will go with Captain Marvin also, seems to get good reviews. Also considering wave runner tour. Thanks for everyone's input.

Booked 1/2 day with Outrage Stingray City Eco Tour and it was awesome. We were out 5 hours at Stingray City, snorkeling, and Starfish beach. It was totally customizable. The day we went all of the other tours to Stingray city were cancelled but we went and had a great time. My wife was a little nauseous after stingray city so we went to Starfish beach for awhile. Captain John Michael identified all the sealife and had a ton of knowledge about area history and points of interest. Later we went back out and snorkled for an hour and a half. It was great the captain floated a raft on a long line so we could just run back and forth along the line above the reef. It was so easy and better than fighting the current. On the way back to the dock we went up a river and he pointed out the beaty of the mangrove ecosystems. It was a wonderful day under challenging conditions. It was worth every penny!

The day we went all of the other tours to Stingray city were cancelled but we went and had a great time.

That's kind of weird. Normally, if one operator cancels they all cancel, since the only way they would cancel is if Stingray City was closed due to weather conditions. It makes me a bit nervous that someone would head out there if the weather was bad...

We booked with Stingray Sailing for our stingray & snorkle excursion. Captain Chip took just nine of us out on his catamaran..Wow we had a good time! Beautiful boat and a really nice fellow who gave us lots of attention. It was $45 a person which included bottled water. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this tour..we'd sure love to go back and do it again!

What are the websites to some of these places mentioned to look at/compare prices? We are thinking of booking with shoretrips.com and booking the "Stingray City and 3 Snorkel Stop". Anyone have experience with this company? Kind of makes me nervous that I haven't seen it mentioned here....:(

Archived