1 Day Los Angeles Cruise on Spirit?

JennAngel9

I just came across this sailing on the SS website and was hoping a local expert might be able to speculate. I know a lot of the mass market lines do a 1 night cruise to nowhere. Is this the same sort of thing on Silversea or will the ship remain in port? Is it primarily for travel agents?

That is interesting news. The male and female cats discussed this. On one hand, the cost of under $1,000 for the chance of making cabin measurements will be affordable. But then we will not have time to feel the atmosphere, really try the food, and enjoy the service. So we won't be able to write a full report. Also, it will just stay at dock and go nowhere. So the feeling is perhaps we should wait for a suitable voyage up the Pacific Coast, or from Fort Lauderdale to Montreal, for example (they used to sail this type of route years ago). Perhaps 2011 or so, at really deep discount, that may be more desirable. We practise patience, and we can wait .. meow!

I have a lot of the same feelings. On the other hand, we live about an hour from the port, so without flights (or really having to pack at all) it might be a lot of fun-- but my concern is that it won't really give us a taste of a true SS experience. I presume the passengers and even the schedule and dress code, given that it's embarkation day, will be vastly different from the *typical* SS cruise. On the other hand, if SS does past passenger discounts, the cruise would likely pay for itself with the next booking. :)

On the other hand, if SS does past passenger discounts, the cruise would likely pay for itself with the next booking. :)
I understand what you mean. But we are Venetian members, and very far from the next level of pins, so one more or less day of seniority won't benefit us!

Archived