Holidays Cruises

cruiser4life04

I was just looking at holiday cruises and they seem to be VERY high in price as expected. Do these christmas and new years cruises ever go on sale? Do they do anything special on these cruises for the extra money paid or is it just because its christmas/new years. THANKS

Christmas and New Year's weeks are generally the two highest-priced weeks of the year. Close in premium pricing are Spring Break weeks, Thanksgiving, Easter and President's Day.

As a very general rule, the two weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are aften the least expensive of all.

We have cruised over the holidays many times on many lines. We just returned from our first Carnival Christmas/Hanukkah week cruise. Carnival did not do as much to celebrate the holidays as we've experienced on Royal Caribbean, Princess and NCL.

Just off a New Year's cruise. Generally the same as any other I went one except we were given free champagne upon boarding & it kept being served until muster drill time. I thought that was really a nice thing. Hats, party blowers on the dinner table New Year's Eve. Band on the Lido deck starting at 11:00, Times Sq. ball coming down watched on the big screen outdoors, buffet after that & then a breakfast buffet served at 1:30 (I didn't go to either of those, still full from dinner). I think you pay extra for the same reason you pay extra at a restaurant on New Year's Eve. It's the idea of being part of something special that night. I'd really love to do it again. Having one or two couples over for dinner and drinks just isn't going to cut it next New Year's Eve.

It's actually more about supply and demand. The more likely a sailing will sell out, the higher the price. One of the oldest rules in business. It's the reason off-season sailings are generally more inexpensive.

I know!

We just returned from the New Year's Ecstasy cruise and the next day I went online to check out New Year's prices for 2009 and they were outrageous. Champagne, hats and blowouts don't cost that much surely!

In fact we booked 32 days before sailing this cruise and the price wasn't cheap at all even with the senior discount.

Archived