Car Rental at Port Everglades vs Airport?

Firtree

DH and I are flying into FLL two days before cruise out of Port Everglades. Want to rent a car, and I've seen that there is a Thrifty rental at both the airport and near Port Everglades. Which one is easier to rent at, as far as getting the car back on the cruise morning ...(airport traffic vs Port traffic?) If we rented at the off airport site, do they run a shuttle to it? And lastly, could we rent at the airport but drop it off at the Port site?

Thanks for any help!

Beth

Just used Thrifty last week from their off airport loction and returned to the airport with no problem.

The off airport ( about 1 1/2 miles from the port) does have a shuttle service and they were very efficient. Picked us up at the hotel and brought us to their rental office.

We always rent from Budget at the airport then return it to their Quay Plaza location on 17th, it is just minutes from the port. Last I knew they still offered a shuttle to the port from that location.

Renting FROM Quay Plaza location is usually cheaper since you don't have to pay the airport taxes and fees. But getting there from the airport may eat up those savings. Where are staying? Do they offer a complimentary shuttle from the airport?

Staying at the Westin Diplomat, and as far as I can find out there aren't any shuttles...darn!

I'm glad to hear that we can get a rental at one place and return to another tho...I didn't know if we could do that. Thank you!

Beth

We always rent from Budget at the airport then return it to their Quay Plaza location on 17th, it is just minutes from the port. Last I knew they still offered a shuttle to the port from that location.

Renting FROM Quay Plaza location is usually cheaper since you don't have to pay the airport taxes and fees. But getting there from the airport may eat up those savings. Where are staying? Do they offer a complimentary shuttle from the airport?

We are staying for three extra nights post cruise. I am interested in the possibility of renting from Quay Plaza and returning to the airport. Would this be an option? Also what would I search on to find this location? Thanks.

I am interested in the possibility of renting from Quay Plaza and returning to the airport. What would I search on to find this location? Thanks.

Go to the Budget Car Rental website (budget.com) In the location box enter: F07

It will automatically populate the Quay Plaza location for you.

/////

Go to the Budget Car Rental website (budget.com) In the location box enter: F07

It will automatically populate the Quay Plaza location for you.

/////

Also remember to 'uncheck' the 'I'll return car to pickup location' if you want to return it to the airport. You can then insert FLL into the 'return location' box.

DH and I are flying into FLL two days before cruise out of Port Everglades. Want to rent a car, and I've seen that there is a Thrifty rental at both the airport and near Port Everglades. Which one is easier to rent at, as far as getting the car back on the cruise morning ...(airport traffic vs Port traffic?) If we rented at the off airport site, do they run a shuttle to it? And lastly, could we rent at the airport but drop it off at the Port site?

Thanks for any help!

Beth

DH and I are renting from Budget next Month for our Freedom Cruise with p/u at Airport and drop off at Quay.

From what I have read here on this board this is easly done with no problems.

Archived