Dunns River Falls Qustion????

ziggydaddy

There are six of us in our group. There is 3 teens one 30 something and two 40 somethings. The kids are looking forward to climbing and playing in the falls, but my wife has foot problems and is afraid that she will hurt her already painful feet and possibly ruin the rest of her cruise. I doubt she will want to climb the falls. She must wear orthodics in her shoes when she walks other wise her feet will be sore for days. Is there a staircase next to the falls so she can enjoy the falls while watching the rest of the family climb, and will it be safe for her to be alone on that path/stair case? Thank you for any help you can give us

Hi Ziggydaddy, I have climbed the Falls twice and there is a staircase that runs along the falls. There are lots of other cruise passanger climbing the stairs so I don't think safety should be a concern. But, beware of the vendors when your are ready to leave the falls. They are brutal and don't take NO for an answer. Have a great trip.:eek:

Just came back from Dunn River Falls. You and your teens, 30 somethings and 40 somethings will enjoy the falls. Just make sure each foot is securely placed before transferring weight to that foot. Four of our group of eight did not climb the falls but walked on the stairs on the side. (Your wife will still have to pay the admission fee of $10.00) She can get some awesome photos from that vantage point and enjoy the fun of watching everyone else. Be sure and take a waterprrof camera to take with you as the guides will stop numerous times and take pictures under the falling water etc. It is easy to avoid the craft village at the end, just go out the same way you came in (left rather than veering to the right. Hope you have an awesome time!

We were just in Jamaica (and Dunn's River Falls) November 1, and it is my understanding that the "shopping" area at the top of the falls has been cleaned up considerable. We went through there and looked at things, but didn't get hasseled. The shopkeepers were much more aggressive in Labadee.

Your wife will enjoy walking the staircase next to the falls and taking pictures of the rest of you getting soaked!

If you don't have a tour guide already, consider A-Z Jamaica Planners. They did a great job for us! You can contact them at http://www.a-zjamaicaplanners.com

• 1 month later...

Hey ZiggyDaddy how's it going? When are you guys going to Jamaica? John, the boys and myself will be leaving on our cruise Jan 15th. Will be in Jamaica the 17th. So how have things been since the Granduer? Really miss talking to everyone. I hear from OBX Bill and Bob and Nancy every now and then. Hope you have a great time, maybe we will run into you guys. Happy Holidays

Sherry, John, Ben and Nicholas

Hey Sherry

We are leaving one week from today (jan 2nd). We would love to see you all again. I don't know if there has ever been or for that fact will ever be a group as great as we had on th Grandeur. If you all are ever in the Gettysburg area you will have to come and visit.

Archived